Monday 16 September 2013

Review: True Spies - Shana Galen

Baron Winslow Keating is honor-bound to finish one last mission as an elite spy for the Barbican group even though he just wants to go home and be with his family. But after years of secrecy and absence, his daughters hardly know him, and his wife has given up on him.

Lady Elinor has had enough of domestic boredom. She contemplates an affair with a rakish spy, only to discover a world of intrigue and treachery that she never knew existed. Even more shocking, her neglectful husband is suddenly very attentive—quite the jealous type—and apparently there is much more to him than she ever knew.

My thoughts:
I tried my best not to think of True Lies while reading this book, I mean who wants to see that person when reading about Baron? Yes not me.

I liked the fact that they had been married for ages. Winslow was always away (cos he was a spy and she did not know) and Elinor grew tired of being stood up. Their marriage was not a loving happy one. She had been forgotten, and it had never been a love match. Now how can it go wrong with a premise like that?

I did feel sorry for Elinor, but then again, those were the days. Maybe she should not go and try to be involved in an affair to spice things up. Winslow could have cast her out and she would never have seen the kids again....

And Winslow, really, spend some time with your kids and wife. You are both idiots in the end.

But the book is not gonna end like that. Winslow started to think his wife was hot. She was not gonna forgive him that easily and if you have seen True Lies you know where this is gonna go. There will be danger and spy games for both of them.

But I was not that happy about a certain thing at the end...can't tell you why. But it was irresponsible. spoiler She becomes a spy too...hello, you have kids. And you were almost killed way too many times through out the book. It will end with her or both dead and the kids have no parents. End

Conclusion:
Spies, danger and romance between two people who have been married a long time, but not been in love before now.

Mass Market Paperback, 346 pages
Published September 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Lord and Lady Spy #2
Historical romance /suspense
For review

30 comments:

  1. I really dislike the vest the guy on the cover is wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn it! I always forget to cover snark *haz a sad*

      But yes not nice at all

      Delete
  2. I had a different comment planned, but then when I read chris's I had to scroll up and check out the vest.. I sort of like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know the feeling, I have a comment planned out and then I read what someone else said

      Delete
  3. The vest isn't terrible, but not a very sexy cover. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL! I may not read this book (I would have the same probs as you), but I love this review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just...excuse me? I know you can do it too but do you have to?

      Delete
  5. Hmm, sounds like the romance got a bit of spark again with the married couple. Sounds like the way to write the romance so it's a good one. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of spark came back, good for them so they did not have to be asshats anymore

      Delete
  6. This sounds like a fun one overall. The cover is horrid...lol. And lol also about trying not to think of True Lies while reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I had to check out the vest too :) Not sure the book is for me. I read your spoiler and completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the premise of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol there is always a happy ending in romance B, so no worries about your spoiler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very True Lies-ish isn't it? And now that you've said it all I'm going to be able to picture is Arnold and Jamie Lee Curtis. O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it was fun :D All regency True Lies, just keep Arnold away from me

      Delete
  11. At least it's not Arnold wearing the vest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love spy books. Maybe thats why I adore the Pink Series so much. This sounds like fun. However (me being the bad kid I am, I read the spoiler) and I agree that is horrid and selfish of them. Tsk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, a spoiler is just a blunt invitation that screams read me

      Ia m glad you agree

      Delete
  13. I haven't seen True Lies, so maybe I could read this without picturing those actors!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP