Friday 25 October 2013

Review. The Rose and the Thorn - Michael J.Sullivan

TWO THIEVES WANT ANSWERS. RIYRIA IS BORN.
For more than a year Royce Melborn has tried to forget Gwen DeLancy, the woman who saved him and his partner Hadrian Blackwater from certain death. Unable to get her out of his mind, the two thieves return to Medford but receive a very different reception --- Gwen refuses to see them. The victim of abuse by a powerful noble, she suspects that Royce will ignore any danger in his desire for revenge. By turning the thieves away, Gwen hopes to once more protect them. What she doesn't realize is what the two are capable of --- but she's about to find out.

My thoughts:
Now what to say....there were a bunch of things that made me go, look look!!! You would have to read the later books to get them. But for those who have not then this is just a normal book, while I found the little things fun.

Like Hilfred! I did not expect that. And the moment Hadrian has in a later book, well that was explained here and made me so sad. Again, I am talking in riddles but I just liked the little things so much :D It also made me want to re-read the trilogy and go all awww I read that stuff here.

Ok this is where I should say something that makes sense then ;)

Hadrian and Royce comes back to Medford. Gwen is hurt and Royce is mad. All while back at the castle young Hilfred finds his destiny and we meet the royals again. The book has a conspiracy going on..I will not say too much but there is danger, death and foul things going on.

Conclusion:
I really should re-read the series, small things have slipped my mind. Alas, so many books not enough time. Oh and crush on Royce! Even when he is insane.

Cover
Nice

Paperback, 347 pages
Published September 17th 2013 by Orbit
The Riyria Chronicles #2, Riyria #2
Fantasy
own

28 comments:

  1. I think it's a very good sign when a book makes you want to go back and re-read the one before it just so you can stay in the world and experience things all over again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds nice for a fantasy book and well you know these times I don't read any, maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, love these books. I also want to re-read the series. I'm even considering maybe listening to the audiobooks. They are supposed to be very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm that would be cool but they must be SO long

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're enjoying the prequels! I've debated picking them up but I don't think I will because I will always want Hadrian to find someone more worthy of him than whiny, insecure Arista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I get that ;) Same thing with Royce.....the end ya know

      Delete
  5. Your excitement really has me wanting the whole series. Darn! I need more time for all these wants! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful review, and yes those little extra tidbits for those who read the whole series are why I like to read them all in order...so I can squee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I do like finding them, but it sure is hard talking about them to people that have not read the other series ;)

      Delete
  7. I have this series on my ever growing list. I need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay that was rambling, lol. I have no idea what happens, but two thieves want to save/rescue a lady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes she is in trouble, they want to help

      Delete
  9. So is this a novella to the series? A spinoff. I is confused lol

    But the cover is kind of badass and I want to meet Royce ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He first published a trilogy. This is a series that takes place before that trilogy. Full lenght

      Delete
  10. sounds like a good series and cool cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this cover very much...would make me want to run into these two thieves. :)
    A trilogy you say..hmmm. I must go track it down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok...you said trilogy. But I can only find books one (1.5 if you want to count that) and two on Goodreads. Is book three going to be coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trilogy is already out. And this series is a two book deal I guess

      Delete
    2. Huh. Well then I found them all :)

      Delete
  13. There's so many great books/series I want to re-read but I'm already behind as it is on books that I have not read yet. *sigh* I think I'd enjoy this setting. I'll definitely have to check out the author and his trilogy, along with this new series coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could re-read so many :/ Makes me sad. I used to have time before but that was before I discovered a whole new world

      Delete
  14. I love when there are little details that pop up in series books and they play off each other, that is always fun! Royce sounds intriguing for sure. I need to read this series! Awesome review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royce is a hottie, a dark scary hottie at times but still ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP