Monday 14 October 2013

Review: Secret Unleashed - Sierra Dean

After her last mission tested the limits of her humanity and took her out of this world, Secret’s friends, determined to keep her safe from her old nemesis Alexandre Peyton, keep ushering her from one babysitter to the next. 

Couch surfing would be a lot more fun if Alexandre would let up on her long enough to allow her to get in some alone time with her lovers. Including Holden, her self-appointed shadow. 

As if living out of coffin isn’t bad enough, Secret literally brings down the house while hunting a rogue, causing the council to exile her from New York—for her own safety, of course. 

With her list of people to trust getting shorter and shorter, Secret ends up embroiled in a mystery to find a vampire warden gone AWOL and a missing artifact. Things go from bad to worse when she falls into the hands of a man who will prove that humans can be the worst monsters of them all. 

Warning: Contains a cross-country journey, an unexpected family reunion, heated lovers’ embraces and a hell of a lot of trouble.

My thoughts:
While reading this I had sat down in an uncomfortable position, but did I move? NO! That would mean precious lost reading time. And when it comes to Secret then that is not acceptable. Yes I did start reading this almost the minute I got it, and yes after having slept (evil sleep!) I did start reading again and did not stop.

Secret is as cool as ever. Her life is crap as always as Peyton is on the loose. Her love life is screwed up as always. But I am all Team Des. He is a puppy and I wanna hug him. Holden is, well hot, but nope. He does not do it for me. And now to my confession, it's a dirty secret, but in this book, I can't! Ok, I still have feelings for Lucas! I know, shoot me now. But there they are Lucas feelings popping up again.

The book takes Secret on a trip and shit hits the fan. This is one evil author I tell you. Poor Secret. I have more respect than ever for her. And while on her mission, ohhh the secrets we learn. We learn something about Sig and something about, spoilers darling. Spoilers.

I really can't say anything about this book. It feels like one huge spoilers. But it will give you action, romance and secrets ;)

Conclusion:
Read this series.

ebook, 343 pages
Expected publication: October 15th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Secret McQueen #6
Urban fantasy
for review

36 comments:

  1. The action and glued to the page ability make this sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this series is still going strong, even after 6 books. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, so can't wait! I have book 4 and I really need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, next time sit some where comfortable, I love when a book draws you in and doesn't let go..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sold me. I'm adding this series to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like too many men for me but glad you're still enjoying it after so many books. That's rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes too many men, but....I am sure they are gonna fall one by one

      Delete
  7. I don't know how I've forgotten to put this on my wishlist. But now it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curses! How the hell did this get to book six already? I am on book 2!! ARG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have a ton of catching up to do before I get to this, but it sounds like a wild ride with a lot of secrets and twists. I love that you cursed sleep while reading it. I've been there so many times. Damn sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have stayed up, but hey sleep is important. I used to skip it as a teen when I was hooked but I know better now

      Delete
  10. Wow, sounds like she has quite a few men in her life! Color me intrigued:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, best feeling ever (and worst ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha I love it when you are uncomfortable, but refuse to move. That happens to me all the time. This series does indeed sound rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love your reviews. Poor characters with evil authors! Oh yes, you know that made me want to read it. I guess I'm an evil reader. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, some authors are just so eeeeevil!!!! Lol

      Delete
  14. I hadn't heard of this series before. Definitely gonna check it out B!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, tragic when you can't let an old character go. Lots of love triangles going on huh? The rest sounds fun, I might have to check this series out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do not like triangles but for some reason she makes it work

      Delete
  16. Hahaha, hope your back doesn't hurt to bad. ;) I need to start these. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading it and hope to finish it today (after catching up on a week of blogposts). Loving this series.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP