Thursday 28 November 2013

Early Review: Legend of the Highland Dragon - Isabel Cooper

The MacAlasdairs are not like other men. 

Descendants of an ancient alliance, they live for centuries, shifting between human and dragon forms. Some wander the earth; some keep to their lands in Scotland. And Stephen MacAlasdair, the newest lord of the family, must go to London to settle his father’s business affairs. He brings an object of great power and greater darkness. He finds an enemy from his past, whose wrath is still living and deadly. And he meets an ally he’d never have expected.

1894 London, doesn't provide an easy life for women of the lower class, but Mina Seymour has managed to work herself up to a position as the secretary of a famous scholar. When a tall, dark Scottish stranger demands to see her employer, Mina is irritated; when MacAlasdair's departure leaves the professor worried, she’s suspicious. Determined to figure out the situation, she investigates further - and finds a world and a man she could never have imagined.

My thoughts:
Dragons and evil things afoot. Stephen is a dragon, seems there are a few "people" around who can shift into dragons in this world. And this one hails from Scotland ;) I do like the sword and kilt and background, sadly nothing of that happens as the book takes place in London.

Anyway. Dragon meets guard dog and because of things I shall not say, Mina, the guard dog aka secretary for a professor comes to work for Stephen. Learns of his second nature and helps him with the issue at hand...those pesky evil things that are happening.

There is of course romance coming too as they are drawn to each other but know they should not act upon it. But they sure still do ;)

Conclusion:
Romance, danger and fights. Mysteries and legends. We also meet his brother at one time and I hope there is a book about him too.

Would I read more?
'Yes

Cover
Nice

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: December 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Historical paranormal romance
For review

24 comments:

  1. I do like the cover on this one! For some reason I can't mix paranormal romance w/historical romance. I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure the book is for me, but the cover is very nice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stumbled upon a few dragons here and there (in books! lol), but never ever a highlander. Romance, danger and fights, SO my things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *thinks about it* Never have I when I think of it

      Delete
  4. Oo I have never seen this book around before. And now I want it. I do have a weakness for Dragon Shifters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, wait, wait. Dragon and Scottish?!! *swoons* I'm totally in. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....Dragon and Scottish!? I MUST check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Isabel Cooper before, and she was quite good. Glad it's not a bad book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at her other books and they looked cool

      Delete
  8. I agree with Carole and Anna!! The tile had me with highlander and dragon. I do like the cover of this one too =) I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new convert to dragon/humans, now a highlander dragon mmm must check that out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fantastic, and a highlander dragon?! Instantly adding this series to my wish list. That cover is drool worthy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now, hello there Mr Dragon, or Laird Dragon, yum

      Delete
  11. Ooh romance and dragons sounds fab! Plus he's Scottish? *swoons* Definitely need this one!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP