Monday 25 November 2013

Review: The Christmas he Loved Her - Juliana Stone

All he wants this Christmas is her. In the small town of Crystal Lake, Christmas is a time for sledding, hot chocolate, and cozying up to the fire with those you love. For Jake Edwards, it’s also time to come home and face his past. He thought there would never be anything harder than losing his brother. Turns out there is: falling in love with his brother’s widow, Raine.

Ever since they were little, Jesse was the Edwards brother who was always there for her, and Jake was the one who knew just how to push her buttons. Raine can’t imagine a life without them, which is why it was doubly decimating when Jake left town after his brother’s sudden death. Now he’s back and she doesn’t know whether to be mad or thrilled. Maybe both. Maybe it will be the perfect chance for both of them to finally find happiness again.

My thoughts:
This is book 2 but yes I would say you can read it as a stand alone. Still it's always more fun to have read book 1 first. Also the book was good, but not as good as book 1. But that is because they were about different things. This one had a lot of emotional turmoil.

Raine lost her husband 1,5 years ago. But, yes then there are those forbidden feelings she has now for her brother in law Jack. She is fighting with herself, she wants him, but drama drama. And Jack wants her too but he keeps thinking about his brother. Also seems he has PTSD from the war and he was there when his brother died.

As you can see the romance has a lot of bumps in the road. If it is not one thing it is another thing. These lovers can't catch a break. And they fit each other so well, they truly should be together.

But love always finds a way and it is a romance after all.

Conclusion:
Two emotionally scarred people looking for love.

Would I read more by this author?
yes

Cover
His head, I miss his head

Paperback, 352 pages
Published September 24th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Bad Boys of Crystal Lake #2
Contemporary romance
For review

36 comments:

  1. Yeah I would like to see his eyes on the cover..this sound good, and I love holiday themed novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the cover shows us his amazing arms. *swoons* A forbidden love - sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds nice! I also like that is set during christmas. I want to get into the spirit, maybe this book can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it a few weeks ago, a bit early for me ;)

      Delete
  4. I miss the other half of his head too!

    I like how you said "love always finds a way", it always usually does =) And I'm a sucker for HEAs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it does :) And I like it, that is how it should be

      Delete
  5. This sounds good. LOL about his head, yes that would have been nice to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard great things about this author, I really need to try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy! I don't think I could handle so much drama. I get anxiety attacks and whatnot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you do get the jaw... just need the eyes now.

    I do like these stories, but if there is too much drama, I don't care for it. Might have a go with the first one first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much, just enough for a little heart ache

      Delete
  9. His abs distracted me from noticing that his head was chopped off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read (and enjoyed) book 1 and will probably read this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so nice and that cover is swoonworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still don't understand why its more expensive to get the head shot as well. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo I have this on my tbr pile. It looks so good. And on the head. Hrm. I've seen some of the full photos that on the covers were chopped and chopping was definitely a *good* call. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Now I fear the worst for this poor guy. Maybe it was a good thing then

      Delete
  14. I do love when these series books can be read as standalones. It's so much less daunting to add them to my TBR pile when I don't have to pile on the books before as well. Wonderful review, this sounds like a story I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, especially when it's like book 7 or something ;)

      Delete
  15. I read a review for this yesterday. it sounds super intense but really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read the first book & it was really good. I have this in my stack to read. I had a feeling it would be really emotional, but I am still looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did guessed that from book 1 and it proved to be true

      Delete
  17. Yeah he needs a head. Lol. This sounds like a good one. I like when it's not a sappy romance so this may be a good fit for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some true feelings to work through

      Delete
  18. No, he needs less head, the body is nice, but what I can see of his face, nah.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP