Friday 8 November 2013

Review: Don't want to miss a thing - Jill Mansell

Dexter Yates loves his fun, care-free London life; he has money, looks and girlfriends galore. But everything changes overnight when his sister dies, leaving him in charge of her eight-month-old daughter Delphi. How is he ever going to cope? 

Comic-strip artist Molly Hayes lives in the beautiful Cotswold village of Briarwood. When it comes to relationships, she has a history of choosing all the wrong men. Leaving the city behind, Dex moves to Briarwood - a much better place to work on his parenting skills - and he and Molly become neighbours. There's an undeniable connection between them. But if Dexter's going to adapt, he first has a lot to learn about Molly, about other people's secrets...and about himself.

My thoughts:
As always you will get more than one HEA and that is why Mansell's books are so fun. I love the love in the air. Even side characters, that are truly on the side, gets a HEA.

But the book is about Dex and Molly. Dex is the womanizing partyboy (who I would not have liked if he had stayed like that). But he changes and becomes respectable, and is truly a god guy.

Molly is the nice down to earth neighbor. There are sparks, but are they just friendship sparks? These two have a very very long way to go.

And that is what I like, love that takes time, love that grows from friendship. Love that when you realize it's love, you already know each other well.

As for the side stories. There is a tale of lost love, hurt love and found love. You will see.

Conclusion:
Mansell's books are cute and always enjoyable.

Cover
Eh

Would I read more
Yes

Paperback, 432 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Landmark (first published January 29th 2013)
Romantic Fiction
For review

41 comments:

  1. Ummmmm. Why haven't I read any books by her yet? I need to! I like that we get multiple HEAs, even for the side characters:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes everyone gets a HEA...well almost everyone...wait, no everyone ;)

      Delete
  2. I have to confess something... I haven't read anything by Jill Mansell. Of course I know who she is, I even have some of her books, but for some reason I haven't read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never..ever? Oh...then you have a LOT to catch up on ;)

      Delete
  3. I love Jill Mansell's books-they are always so much fun. I'm going to have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds cute, like the cover. it's nice to read something like that from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this one up soon. I know that it will be a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need some HEA books, the sky is too gray today it make me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's grey here too, I can't remember the last time I saw the sun

      Delete
  7. I've read a few of her books. They're always light and fluffy, fun romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they always are :) I like that, I always know what I will get

      Delete
  8. I've heard such wonderful things about many of Mansell's books but have yet had the chance to pick one up. I'm excited to try one =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say this every time I see a review for one of JM's books - I need to read a JM book! This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes you do. Hopefully you will get the chance one day

      Delete
  10. This sounds adorable, and filled with gooey-goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, and thanks sooooo much for the fab review! This is genuinely my favourite book so far and I so want other people to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read this one. I love the slow friendship to love romances.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read a lot of Jill's books & loved every one of them! I am looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I am sure you will enjoy this one too :D

      Delete
  14. I have to disagree with you on the cover....I think the simplicity is super cute. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is on my Christmas wish list. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, Mansell and her HEA's are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate instalove so every time someone says a book has a slow building romance, I get excited. It's always nice when a playboy converts into a nice guy when he finds true love. I know it's been done before but I never really tire of it! Amazing review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I know :D Though this time it was not true love, he changed before cos of the baby and it was so nice

      Delete
  18. Mansell is always good value, this one's on my TBR stack. Nice review B

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP