Thursday 14 November 2013

Review: Hot Blooded - Amanda Carlson

It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain. Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps. Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers.

Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.

All in a day's work for a girl.

The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...

My thoughts.
It was good, just not as good as book 1. I think it was cos of the storyline. They spent it looking for Roarke most of the time and well...even if things happened, not so much happened. I guess I wanted another kind of scenery too.

But Jessica is still cool and kick-ass. Though I must say that with all these new powers she is in danger of going very Mary Sue. But I do wonder about the prophecy.

We did not see her mate a lot :/

Her brother and Danny are nice. I might even like Roy soon. Naomi was cool too.

The evil goddess was evil, just a bit cliche'. Get over it woman.

Conclusion:
Good is good, I just hope book 3 is back to being book 1 good. Cos that one was awesome.

Cover
Cool

Will I read more by this author?
yes, I need book 3

Paperback, 320 pages
Published April 23rd 2013 by Orbit
Jessica McClain #2
Urban fantasy
Own

34 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about Roarke, so I'm bummed he's not in this second book as much, that seems to be a pretty standard second book plot point. Separate the main couple. I'm glad Jessica still kicks ass though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed him so much! I barely got to know him and then he was gone in this one.

      And yes keep them separated, the plot is there

      Delete
  2. Well, it doesn't sound like a lot happened and sorry Roarke was MIA, but Jessica does sound cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes this book was so nice, but maybe you're right about book 1. I hope it will be even better with book 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just better, and yes I hope book 3 is as good :)

      Delete
  4. Eh, sound like it has a bit of 2nd book slump, but glad you still liked

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed Rourke so much in this one,his absence kind of ruined it for me, but aside from that, this is my favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wanted more with him :( Sad!!! So hopefully book 3 will have a lot with him in it

      Delete
  6. It was not as bad as some book 2 can be. Then I do not even want to continue, still not as good

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rourke is in the 3rd!! So, I do think you will like it more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grabbed this on NG this summer because Melissa and Maja like them and I am still trying to read them....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another series I'm working on getting to. Glad to hear you're gonna stick it through and go to book 3 =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. An evil goddess stole her man? Oooo! Hope she saved him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'm so curious to read about this Roarke! I almost bought the first book once. Must do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do get it :D Or wait until I have read book 3 ;)

      Delete
  12. I have the same problem with this book, it was a run non-stop, but at the same time not much happened.
    I liked third book a lot better than this one, maybe even more than first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, run run run, fight fight fight. I wanted more. But yay that the 3rd is better

      Delete
  13. I have this on my TBR and I'm excited to get to it. Bummer that it isn't as good as book one, but the fact that you're still looking forward to book three has me encouraged. :-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like it, cos it is still good..just not as good.

      Delete
  14. Sounds like the first book was great. Hope the next one is better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha good luck with book 3!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the cover and good is good for a 2nd book, hope book 3 is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow even you are enthusiastic about this series. Now I really have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP