Tuesday 12 November 2013

Review: Project Darcy - Jane Odiwe

A LOVE STORY LOST IN PRIDE & PREJUDICE...
It is high summer when Ellie Bentley joins an archaeological dig at Jane Austen's childhood home. She's always had a talent for 'seeing' into the past and is not easily disturbed by her encounters with Mr Darcy's ghost at the house where she's staying. When Ellie travels into the past she discovers exactly what happened whilst Jane danced her way through the snowy winter of 1796. As Steventon Rectory and all its characters come to life, Ellie discovers the true love story lost in Pride and Prejudice - a tale which has its own consequences for her future destiny, changing her life beyond imagination.

My thoughts:
I liked this re-telling because, well I can't say it cos that would be a spoiler. But I liked how it all tied in together. Oh and the end, I did not see that, fun :)

Elizabeth, Elle, is on a Jane Austen dig with her 4 friends. All with names hinting to that they are the Bennet sisters. And together they experience Pride and Prejudice. There is a Wickham, Mr Darcy and Bingley. There is Pride and there is of course prejudice. 

But the thing is, that while all of this is going on Elle is seeing bits and pieces of Jane's life as they are digging out her house and visiting places she visited. There are memories from her childhood and how she met Tom Lefroy. And then there are spoilery things I wont mention but that were awesome.

Conclusion:
An interesting re-telling of the old story with a new twist on it.

Cover
Ok

Would I read more?
Yes

Paperback, 326 pages
Published October 11th 2013 by Paintbox Publishing
Pride and prejudice variation
For review

28 comments:

  1. Loving the sound of this! P&P retellings just never get old:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's such a good twist to the story here

      Delete
  2. *sigh* I just can't force myself to read a retelling these days, they're just everywhere! I'm glad you enjoyed this though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it's always nice, I've read one about darcy but to many lenghts I confess. One about caroline, it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retellings you find! Oh and a twist??? Sold! Putting it on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I so wanna tell you the twist, but can't

      Delete
  5. Another gosh darn P&P re-telling that sounds great! I shall get to the re-tellings sometime in the future =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds wonderful! I love P&P and have read countless retellings, but I'm quite curious as to what the spoilers are. You've teased me into reading it now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome...well cool anyway ;) It's a really good twist

      Delete
  7. I really, really, really hate that cover. Like burning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I read something by this author....*looking it up* Haha! I have! 'Mr. Darcy's Secret'.
    Anyways....
    sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, don't change the story, but I did like the one sequel I read the other day, even though it did not have a plot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Blodeuedd, for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I totally forgot to email you the link yesterday

      Delete
  11. uggh that cover, his lips are ugly red lol but it does sound really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Odiwe's Austen fic! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm reading it now, and so far, so good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP