Friday 15 November 2013

Review: Saga - Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples

When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. 

From New York Times bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina) and critically acclaimed artist Fiona Staples (Mystery Society, North 40), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults. 

My thoughts:
I am not good at reviewing a graphic novel...what should I say? Good artwork and a good story.

Two races at war, and two aliens fall in love and have a hybrid baby and then they run. There is a freaky sex world, a weird tree and a girl with her guts hanging out. That's sci-for you.

I enjoyed it and I would like to know if they survive. It also makes me wonder if I should try that other Vaughan series.

Would I read more?
yes

Cover
Breastfeeding...cool

Collects Saga issues #1-6.
Paperback, 160 pages
Published October 23rd 2012 by Image Comics (first published October 10th 2012)
Saga, Volume 1
Graphic Novel, Sci.fi
Library

28 comments:

  1. I've only read 2 graphic novels and found them difficult to review as well. I really enjoyed them, I just had no idea what to say that would be useful to any other readers! Glad you would read more of this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very hard. I mean how to do it? Pics and story. But like is like so there you all go

      Delete
  2. Glad the artwork and story were good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breastfeeding with a gun in her hand - she knows how to take care of business. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh that she does. You should have seen the birth scene

      Delete
  4. Perfect review! You said just what I wanted to know. At least the book had guts. ;) (couldn't resist..)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like them when they are like this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vaughn is one of my graphic novel authors. I really dig his Y: The Last Man series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, my son would say things like..the scenes were intense,the illustrations expressed their emotions, There were kick-ass battle scenes..etc. I will ask him if he knows about this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh good ones...well how old is he? It is pretty graphic and explicit

      Delete
  8. I haven't read many graphic novels, but this one sounds good. I love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughing so hard... that comment about the cover is the best... your funniest cover critique to date!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking into getting into graphic novels but sometimes feel overwhelmed and lost as to where to start. I like how different this one sounds, and that's a pretty kick-ass cover! I think I'll look into this one. I've heard the other series by this author is rather good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is totally kick.ass and I have seen nothing like it. I wanted to try it cos many were reading it cos of the romance I guess

      Delete
  11. I agree it's always very difficult to review books like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear so much praise for this graphic novel, I really need to read it! I hear the artwork in it is beautiful. Glad you enjoyed it, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently bought this on my Kindle! I need to get to it and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love"? Count me in. This sounds like a good graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool and different, and I like that. Though some scenes were freaky!

      Delete
  15. Breast-feeding on the cover....interesting....what was this book about again? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's it about ... I just saw freaky sex hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP