Monday 11 November 2013

Review: To Have and To Hold - Leigh Greenwood

The Blaine brothers learned how to survive at a young age the hard way. But after a life of working odd jobs, Colby thinks he might just be ready to settle down. Until his fiancé jilts him for a man with more money. 

Naomi Kessling is already plagued by nightmares and a violent past when her wagon train is attacked. Colby saves her life, but Naomi is convinced he's been sent by the army to arrest her for a crime she can't remember. 

Colby will help her face her nightmares, but will her love be enough to break down the wall he's built around his heart?

My thoughts:
This was truly a western. They were on the trail west and all the dangers that that meant.

Naomi and her family are heading west (but are the entire town running from something? *insert music of almost doom*.) First we have weather that does what it wants and not what the travelers want. Dangerous rivers, killer snakes and do not forget Indians. The whole caravan is also very tense cos of something that must have happened for them to leave it all behind. Which was a bit extreme but hey their choice.

In comes Colby, all around nice guy who knows about the land and agrees to help these poor lost travelers. Like I said he was a good guy, but he has some issues from his past that makes a romance not in the cards.

Romance. Of course there is romance! Just cos the heroine do not trust Colby and Colby is all arghh issues from my past, does not mean there will not be romance ;) I liked that it happened slow. They became friends and sparks slowly started to form. But they had some things to work through first.

Conclusion:
All in all a nice western romance that shows the hard life and how everyone had to work together to survive.

Would I read more?
Sure

Cover
Works

Paperback, 384 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Cactus Creek Cowboys #1
Historical romance /western romance
For review



29 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun western romance! Cute cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing quite like an intense western romance, is there?! I think the cover is very fitting. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good :) And yes intense is good in these

      Delete
  3. A cowboy on the cover and without his head cut off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Colby is all arghh issues from my past"

    That line made me snort:) I have yet to read a western, but that's one of my goals for next year - to read a genre I've never tried before. I'll have to add this to the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, well he has them ;)
      Never? Then again neither had I before a few years back...ok not counting Harlequins

      Delete
  5. I've never read a western romance in my life, I think I said as much the last time. Ir's a good time to start, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read only one western romance by Linda Howard a while ago and I really enjoyed it. I think it's bout high time I get back on that horse and read some more =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read one by her but I have heard of them :)

      Delete
  7. Awesome! I love early American set historicals. Something so rough and raw about that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I do need to start reading westerns. You and Felicia always make me look for one with your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo this sounds good and I am glad there was a romance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review Blodeuedd, I do love a western where they are travelling still, instead of farming already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read a couple of western romances. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, westerns....I need to read one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh a western romance, what a nice combination! I haven't read a western in far too long. Must give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't think I've ever read a cowboy or western romance, maybe I should :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP