Monday 18 November 2013

Review: Tranquility's Blaze - Krista D. Ball

“What will I do? What I do best. I’ll find him and I’ll kill him. And then I’ll kill Garran’s murderer.”

Even if the killer is my sister. 

A half-breed and a female, Lady Bethany clawed her way to the ranks of the Elven Service’s top military elite. They only knew her as their champion against Magic, and not the daughter of a Goddess. She’d expected a long, rewarding life protecting those under her care. But that was before her twin sister returned from exile, addicted to brutal Magic and human sacrifice, twisted inside, and abusing ancient prophecies to overthrow their mother and destroy everything Bethany holds sacred.

The world will burn in flames and innocents will die, unless Bethany can stop it. Unless she can take the life of her own sister.

My thoughts: 
I can't say that I loved any of the characters, but you know, it does not always matter. Which is weird cos here I thought I needed to cheer someone on...but, yes there is a but. I really hated the baddie, I guess that is why the characters worked for me ;) I put all energy on Sarissa. She was one evil B! An awesome evil character to hate.

Ok so we got Bethany who is all FIGHT! FIGHT! And can kick anyone's ass. She is also the daughter of a Goddess and has her own prophecy....I do wonder how that will turn out. I shall not mention something but how I wonder.

Right, then there is her evil twin sister Sarissa. Evil, so very evil, you would not even believe how evil this woman is! It was great, cos a good fantasy book should have someone evil that you want to see fall into hell.

There is fighting, wanting someone, and hints of the prophecy and of course Sarissa being evil. I wanted to know more about their mother and I also wanted to know more about a people called Rygents. A fascinating world.

Conclusion:
The end, oh the end, do not leave me like that.

Paperback, 264 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Mundania Press LLC (first published April 17th 2012)
Fantasy
Own

36 comments:

  1. Oh I hate endings like that, but I do love a good evil villain to hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh that cover is all sorts of messed up, what a shame!

    Anywho, this one sounds good! I love me an great evil villain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate unfinished series even if they feature a good villain. Will wait till it is over, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Sarissa's evilness made the story. Cool. Love a good villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna hit her over the head..several times over

      Delete
  5. Sounds like quite the non-ending... dontcha love books doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like great world building and like unforgettable characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that's nice, I like the sound of it. Mainly her being the saughter of a goddess, it intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is ok to hate the baddie enough that not liking the heroes doesn't factor into the enjoyment of the book. I have totally done that in many a thriller! I am guessing it works in Fiction and Fantasy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still...I would have liked to like the other characters too. Luckily the book was short cos else I do not know if it would have worked

      Delete
  9. Oh, I do love a good villain. Who cares about the good guys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh this line made me giggle and I so agree, "cos a good fantasy book should have someone evil that you want to see fall into hell" Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and it always should have. A good baddie is a must for me

      Delete
  11. "My friend the is the enemy of my enemy". Hahaha. Sometimes the baddie is so bad that it doesn't matter if you like the characters, so as long as they beat the baddie. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this baddie was just so...*kicks the baddie*

      Delete
  12. It has elves so it sounds good lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad you didn't love the other characters, but having a "good" villain sometimes is just perfect! You have me curious because of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! I haven't read a really good evil villain in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh oh, that ending comment makes me concerned about a cliffhanger! Still this sounds pretty cool. And I totally agree with this: "a good fantasy book should have someone evil that you want to see fall into hell."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmm.... about the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your reviews always made me smile and this one was not an exception. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha love to hate the evil one :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds good B, first time I see this book online.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP