Monday 30 December 2013

Review: Clean Sweep - Ilona Andrews

On the outside, Dina Demille is the epitome of normal. She runs a quaint Victorian Bed and Breakfast in a small Texas town, owns a Shih Tzu named Beast, and is a perfect neighbor, whose biggest problem should be what to serve her guests for breakfast. But Dina is...different: Her broom is a deadly weapon; her Inn is magic and thinks for itself. Meant to be a lodging for otherworldly visitors, the only permanent guest is a retired Galactic aristocrat who can’t leave the grounds because she’s responsible for the deaths of millions and someone might shoot her on sight. Under the circumstances, "normal" is a bit of a stretch for Dina.

And now, something with wicked claws and deepwater teeth has begun to hunt at night....Feeling responsible for her neighbors, Dina decides to get involved. Before long, she has to juggle dealing with the annoyingly attractive, ex-military, new neighbor, Sean Evans—an alpha-strain werewolf—and the equally arresting cosmic vampire soldier, Arland, while trying to keep her inn and its guests safe. But the enemy she’s facing is unlike anything she’s ever encountered before. It’s smart, vicious, and lethal, and putting herself between this creature and her neighbors might just cost her everything.

My thoughts:
How to explain this book...

Right, so there are Inns and Inns are neutral and the Innkeeper has magic. Everyone can stay at a inn and I mean everyone. It seems the Innkeeper is like the only one in the world that knows that there are aliens and more out there. Vampires from space. Werewolves who blew up a planet. You name it.

And Dina is an innkeeper at a run down inn. Not many stars in the Inn Keeper's Book, but hey she is working on it. She was cool and determined, and I liked her.

Then there was a sexy werewolf, a vampire from space, a monster who ate dogs and a whole new world to explore.

Conclusion:
The tempo was fast, the punches kept on coming and it was just really fun to read. Relaxed, different and just weird in a good way

Would I read more
yes

Cover
Ok

ebook, 175 pages
Published December 2nd 2013 by Ilona Andrews
Innkeeper Chronicles #1
Genre...urban sci.fi fantasy
For review

27 comments:

  1. I didn't know they had a new one out! I'm going to have to give this one a try because it sounds really different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was first a serial on their blog and now a book :)

      Delete
  2. what an interesting premise and despite the weird I am glad you want more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read it! It would be my first Ilona Andrews book too. And it's already on my Kindle! :D
    Great review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first! Oh you must read Kate too

      Delete
    2. I know! I need to catch up... a lot :D

      Delete
  4. Sounds wild! I'm going to go download it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds very different and fun! I am very curious about it and have marked it on my TBR list. Awesome review! Thanks for the introduction. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always :)
      Different is the best cos honestly, yeah not read anything like it. Some come close but they are all weird in their different ways

      Delete
  6. Oooh I like the sound of this. I still have to catch up with the Kate Daniels series but good to know about this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try this author. This sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you had me at weird in a good way. That is so me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw they had some updates on the blog about this but for some reason I didn't pay much attention for it. But I guess since it's Andrews book I will read it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, glad you liked it Blodeuedd! I really enjoyed this story as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so different from her Kate books and the Edge

      Delete
  11. Oooo loves them. I so need to get this one. Wish I had more time to read!! So many good ones out there and old favorites I miss reading from. Glad ya enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the best :D I still got a short story I never read, oh boo me, I should try to find it again

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP