Tuesday 24 December 2013

Review: Duchess of Sin - Laurel McKee

Blonde and beautiful Lady Anna Blacknall is in the mood for mischief. Entering Dublin's most notorious den of vice, she finds herself in the arms of a mysterious, emerald-eyed Irishman. And although he is masked, his tender kiss is hauntingly familiar.

Conlan McTeer, Duke of Adair, has come to Dublin to fight for a free Ireland. But he's suddenly reunited with the young Englishwoman who had once claimed his heart, and his passion turns from politics to pleasure. When their sizzling encounter brings danger to Anna's door, she must decide where her loyalties lie-and quickly. For someone will do whatever it takes to destroy Conlan . . . and anyone he dares to love.

My thoughts:
This was different, cos usually I read books that take place a bit later, but this was 1799. Ok so that does not sound like a lot, but it was. Not to mention that the setting was Ireland and the fear after the last uprising was still in the air.

Anna flutters from party to ball to anything to live and dance and forget the fears she had 2 years ago. She was interesting as she could seem feather brained at on moment and smart the next. She changed as it suited her.

While Conlan is dark and brooding and wants Ireland to be free, and to able to be Catholics that is what you want. So he works in the open and in secret for that.

They met before and now they meet again. He tries to stay away as he is in danger, while she can't stay away. Cos hello, hot dark and brooding.

Conclusion:
There is danger, passion and will they wont they moments. And I read it cos it takes place near Christmas. So here it was, my xmas book.

Cover
Ok

Would i read more
yes

Mass Market Paperback, 351 pages
Published December 1st 2010 by Grand Central Publishing
The Daughters of Erin #2
Historical romance
Own


I am ending xmas with a holiday book. As you might remember today is the big day in Finland. We open our pressies in the evening of the 24th. But BF and I did exchange gifts before we go to my parents for dinner. And they were awesome :D So Have fun everyone!


29 comments:

  1. Nice one! Have a wonderful Christmas, sounds like you're off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice xmas for sure, I just wished we had some snow

      Delete
  2. oh it's nice to have a period a little bit different, I confess I don't think I have read a book so early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very strange that I have not but then regency is sure popular

      Delete
  3. Have a very nice winter holiday Linda :). Nice, short review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the setting, and Yea you read a Christmas book...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..one haha, Well I did read 2 back in OCtober

      Delete
  5. It's always the dark and brooding that one can not stay away from....

    Happy Holidays my dear B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, those dark and brooding ones, mmmm

      Delete
  6. "while she can't stay away. Cos hello, hot dark and brooding."

    *snort* It's very hard not to be drawn tot he hot, dark, and brooding ones. Like moths to a flame we are:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first in this series but can't remember if I read this one. I'll check. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm..better check :D Thank you and the same to you

      Delete
  8. Well, at least you read one this season. I didn't read any holiday books. Plus, how could you resist hot, dark and brooding? :D

    Merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 actually, but the 2 first was back in October so that hardly counts

      Delete
  9. LOL! Isn't it always the case of hot, dark and brooding? :) I giggled reading the review - it's fun!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It got me very curious about the next one too

    ReplyDelete
  11. In terms of setting, I prefer to stay in England in this time period or even France for the pomp and circumstance on the ton. If you're to take in in Ireland or Scotland, I want it during medieval times or the dark ages. LOL Don't ask me why, that's just how my mind works.

    Merry Christmas, I hope you got awesome presents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am the same, medieval, Scotland please. But this period as I have not read a lot then this fits

      Delete
  12. Now I want to know what he got for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you think I am reading Clean Sweep....yeah cos of that

      Delete
    2. Ooo you got an e-reader? Fabulous gift!

      Delete
    3. Bingo! :) I am very happy, sure the poor thing does not have e-ink but hey he bought me an ereader

      Delete
  13. It's amazing what just a few years difference can make. I've been reading some lately that are set just a little closer to present time and it's so neat to see the changes. Haven't read too many from the late 1700s. Definitely checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very cool and different, yes so close but still so very far away in a way

      Delete
  14. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas B =) I didn't read any Holiday books this year, but I rarely do. I sure add them to my TBR but that's about it lol. Glad to hear you got an ereader for xmas =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome :D And now xmas is over and I have eaten a lot of xmas food...lots

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP