Friday 20 December 2013

Review: Flying Blind - Deborah Cooke

The next generation of shape-shifting dragons from the popular author of the Dragonfire novels. 

Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.

Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.

My thoughts:
Hm, I wanna make this short.

Characters:
I did like Zoe but the guys, eh. Sure the whole point is that there were friction but still..eh. Though Isabella was nice.

Romance
She had a crush. There is no real romance. There are crushes.

Story
The kids are here to save the day and learn about their powers. Still bad job from the parents for not seeing it all coming.

Ending
It ended well with no real cliffie.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed the book. It was one of those what? 200 pages? Where did that go? books :)

Would I read more by this author?
Yes

cover
Eh, the only reason I read it now is cos it's snow on it, lol

Paperback, 308 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by New American Library
The Dragon Diaries Trilogy #1
Paranormal YA
Own

19 comments:

  1. I'm a total dragon shifter junkie. lol I've read her adult series that it looks like this is a spin off from. They're pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a spin off :) She is the daughter of...well a dragon in that world.I really do not know

      Delete
  2. I have one of her adult books too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo dragons?! I'm a sucker for a dragon book, and I'm glad to know you liked Isabella eve if the guys didn't really knock your socks off:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be a dragon shape-shifter. *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's nice, I saw this one on someblogs but I haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it was around when it came out :)

      Delete
  6. You read a YA! *cheers* Hm... now I know I should read this one. Plus you said... no cliffie!! WHEE! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sometimes I venture into the YA unknown ;)

      Delete
  7. No cliffie or love triangle that is good, what about the dragons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dragons were cool, but then when are dragons not cool

      Delete
  8. No triangle, no romance, no cliffy and Dragon-shifters..yep I could so handle that! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the adult series, but I am so behind on it! And the YA series is still on my wishlist as well. Thanks for reminding me Blodeuedd! I just love dragons so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try it, I have like book 4 or something ;)

      Delete
  10. Huh. The summary needs a little more - hit seems very matter of fact but I guess if it's a short story that's ok.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP