Monday 2 December 2013

Review: Lost Covenant - Ari Marmell

This third YA novel starring the young thief Widdershins combines the angst and vulnerability of any teenage girl with the high action of the best fantasy adventures.

It’s been six months since Widdershins and her own “personal god” Olgun fled the city of Davillon. During their travels, Widdershins unwittingly discovers that a noble house is preparing to move against the last surviving bastion of the Delacroix family.

Determined to help the distant relatives of her deceased adopted father, Alexandre Delacroix, she travels to a small town at the edge of the nation. There, she works at unraveling a plot involving this rival house and a local criminal organization, all while under intense suspicion from the very people she’s trying to rescue.

Along the way she’ll have to deal with a traitor inside the Delacroix family, a mad alchemist, and an infatuated young nobleman who won’t take no for an answer.

My thoughts:
This ia YA, light and dark at the same time. She never has it easy and people always die in this series.

Yes poor Widdershins, she can't seem to be able to just be happy and do what she want. She is also very very angry and on the run. We do get glimpses if Davillion and the life she left behind. Something is brewing there and will set the game plan for book 4. But that is that book and this is this book (still ohhh exciting stuff!)

The book takes place in a smaller city where she at once comes across something fishy.  Loyal as she is she sets out to investiage. The local thieves, nobles, yes she always finds the truth and she always gets in trouble.

Widdershins is a great kick-ass YA heroine. The pace is fast, there is fighting, running and evil things afoot.

Conclusion:
I look forward to reading more. Maybe I will even get to see her happy

Would I read more?
yes

Cover
I like it


Hardcover, 277 pages
Expected publication: December 3rd 2013 by Pyr
Widdershins Adventures #3
Fantasy
For review

34 comments:

  1. Very clean and pretty cover! I like the sound of this one, I'll go look up the first book and most likely add it. Great review B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the covers for this series, they all look really cool

      Delete
  2. The cover is great! Your fantasy reviews always make me wish I had the patience for the world building part of them to read them, because this sounds like a great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love good world building *happy sigh*

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this series before - sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly never even heard about this series but it certainly looks like something I might enjoy.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll see her happy! I think I saw the cover but first time I read a review about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other two covers are sort of similar, so maybe that is those

      Delete
  6. It's great when you run across a good series. I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't started any Marmell books but again this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover, and I like that it is both dark and light. I will check out book one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, this is a series I have been wanting to read. Look at you reading YA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of those series that I have wondered about. It does have great covers. I really do want to check it out. I love a good kick butt heroine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are totally kick-ass covers, do take a close look at the series :D

      Delete
  11. Oh! I don't think I've heard about this series - will need to look it up and I'm really a fan of kick-ass heroines, especially in YA fiction. :) Very pretty covere too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes look it up :D
      It's a fun series, book 1 was sooo good

      Delete
  12. Sounds good and it's a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, a YA you are enjoying. Nice to hear! :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Widdershins? Unique! This sounds like a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WIth this I am now in the mood for YA. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know about this series, it sounds good. I'm gonna check to see if they have it on audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember read the blurb for this and trying to decide if it would be interesting enough to pick up. The YA aspect turned me off though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The YA aspect was fine since it is fantasy :)

      Delete
  18. Widdershins sounds like a badass! Why have I not read this series yet?! Well, I'm glad your review has put it on my radar now. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP