Monday 13 January 2014

Review: One rogue too many - Samantha Grace

When two of the ton's most eligible bachelors fall for the same young woman, only one will win her heart...

Anthony Keaton, Earl of Ellis, and Baron Sebastian Thorne have been competing since childhood. Now, they both have their eyes set on Lady Gabrielle. 

Gabby feels like a fool for trusting in Anthony—but she doesn't know the whole truth. Determined to guard her heart this time around, she's looking for a man who is steadfast and eloquent. 

Sebastian knows this is his one chance to steal her heart. He has everything she's looking for. But when Anthony finally reveals his true feelings, how will she choose between the two?

My thoughts:
I was a bit torn when it came to this book, I liked it, until the middle part and there I just got really really mad. Honestly! This was one of the most stupid girls ever! You foolish, foolish girl (I even heart Knigthley in my head when I read the stupid part.) Instead of just asking she does something really idiotic which could destroy her life, cos she is an idiot. I know it's for the drama but I made me hate her. She made both Anthony (who loved her) miserable and she made her other suitor miserable in the end too. Use your head girl, that is why it's there. *mutters*

Anyway, up to that it was good. Gabby loved Anthony and had for years. But then he went away, he should just have told her everything, but I got why he did not. And she should have trusted him. Then in came Sebastian who courted her so his sister could come out in society again. Gabby is a Duke's daughter and good to have on your side. So we have 2 men angry at each other while both courting her, and she loves only Anthony.

Then came the arghhh part and I just got upset. Stupid people does that too me. But when it was over I moved on cos we still had some drama to go through and I felt better cos most were happy. And Sebastian who I did not like at first, well I hope he finds true love soon. He deserves it. Poor Sebastian.

Cover
They have heads, I am happy. Are the headless days over?

Mass Market, 352 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by "Sourcebooks Casablanca"
Rival Rogues #1
Historical romance
For review

30 comments:

  1. It is sooo funny how much lack of communication can really ruin things. I bet this was so frustrating when Ms. No Brain went and leapt before she thought things through. I like the sound of this though - despite the drama. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did annoy me then, but hey it was for the drama. I mostly just felt sad for everyone and her in particular

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like this one. Seems like a lot of unnecessary suffering for everyone. Booo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I can't live with such an unsympathetic character, I just can't.This definitely isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not really like that, she just...did not think, acted and ruined her life

      Delete
  4. No stupid girls for me. I can't stand them... Another chuckle at your cover commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you made me giggle, um I am glad they have their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahaha! Man that girl sounds like she needs a good switchin and spanking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. if she annoyed you that much, I'm not sure it would be for me, I'm already mad at her by reading your review lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only then, but then her love came to the rescue

      Delete
  8. I think I would have the same problem as you. Stupid people! LOL I'm surprised you didn't chuck the book across the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...it was stupid but not chuck against the wall stupid

      Delete
  9. Not a fan of the stupidity. I do like when I can find sympathy for a character I didn't like earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOo I think I'm good skipping this one. lol Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun review Blodeuedd, thank you. I can't stand stupid heroines either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I do hope the headless days are over. This sounds like a frustrating read in many ways! Hopefully Sebastian will get his HEA too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those headless days were bleh, I got that it was cheaper but I like faces

      Delete
  13. I like the purpleness of the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate it when they are just TOO stupid. A little stupid I can overlook, but this sounds over the line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sighs. I hate stupid people in real life and I especially hate stupid people in books. Daft girl. I wonder what she did.....

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP