Wednesday 19 February 2014

Autumn - Sierra Dean

Cooper Reynolds's life is going to the dogs... literally. 

As if being a high school senior in a small Texas town wasn't hard enough, Cooper has bigger things to worry about than who he'll take to prom and whether or not the Poisonfoot Padres will win homecoming. He has less than a year before his eighteenth birthday, when a curse placed on his family will doom him to live in coyote form forever. 

The last thing he needs to complicate his already messed-up life is a girl, but fate has other plans in mind for him when it brings Eloise "Lou" Whittaker to Poisonfoot. She's grouchy, sarcastic and has no love for her new Texas home, but she might be exactly the right person to help Cooper break the curse. 

The clock is ticking, and Cooper will have to decide if he's willing to let Lou in on his dirty little secret before it's too late.

My thoughts:
I knew there were secrets but then more secrets showed up at the end. Secrets and secrets.

Lou comes to a little town, she does not want to live there but has no choice. And yes she meets a guy, a very mysterious guy who everyone tells her to stay away from.

Cooper is the guy everyone avoids. But that was no secret there for me, the city may not know, but it was already told  to us that every male in his family turn coyote at 18...and stays that way. So poor guy has something to look forward to soon.

But more is going on than that. Like why do they all become coyotes? Why do his mum and her grandmother tell them to not see each other. Why are there other strange things going on?

But I must say, sometimes it kind of reminded me of Beautiful creatures..I have not read the book, but I did see the movie and yeah..similarities. 

And it had an evil ending too, oh of all the cliffies. Must read book 2 soon. Like now!

Conclusion:
Love, magic and hostile feelings.

Cover
eh

Paperback, 262 pages
Published June 12th 2013 by Createspace (first published June 11th 2013)
Dog Days #1
YA /paranormal romance
own

51 comments:

  1. Wait, what?! They turn coyote at 18? Well, poor guy. :)

    I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like coyotes! Not sure I would want to be stuck as one though lol

    Damn those cliffies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Not sure it's my kind of book, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see coyotes I instantly think of Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. I hope the next book has answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see what I have to say tomorrow ;)

      Delete
  5. Oooh., I'm going to have to check into this one. I didn't read Beautiful Creatures either but did see the movie and really liked it. Now I just need to get on with the series. So if this one is kind of similar I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should check it out :D I can't say I liked that movie, but I liked this book, lol

      Delete
  6. Love the long hair on the cover and like th sound of the wicked ending

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of cliffhangers and tend to avoid them, so I think I'll wait to see how this series plays out before picking it up. Interesting review, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book 2 is already out ;) That ending was not as evil

      Delete
  8. I liked the Beautiful Creatures series and if this is a bit similar then I would like it except for the cliffie. She is the author of the Secret Mcqueen series right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is that author and i LOVE LOVE the Secret books...LOVE

      Delete
  9. Oh you have me curious about all of the secrets..despite the cliffy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some cliffies are good, I can live with this one

      Delete
  10. You read a YA and liked it! :D This does sound like a good book. I haven't seen/read Beautiful Creatures yet so that wouldn't bother me. Yes, cliffies are EVIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it does happen. I just do not read a lot. But this was Sierra Dean so I have to read it

      Delete
  11. I didn't like Beautiful Creatures book or movie but this sounds good. Don't like the cover though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things were similar, but this was of course Much better

      Delete
  12. They can't turn back? Like a werewolf? So they had to reproduce at a young age? SOOOO many questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want to reproduce when you know your sons will turn coyote at 18 and never have a real life? The females have gotten babies and hoped the curse was over

      Delete
  13. Could work. Something werewolf like without being a werewolf book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like good paranormal romance, I enjoy a good cliffhanger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed this one as well and I can't wait to read book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea this was a paranormal! I need to check this one out. I like Sierra Dean's writing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually really like the sound of this one - and the cover! So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's not a very autumnal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were lucky you had Winter because the end of this one is a killer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad, sometimes it is good to wait

      Delete
  20. Well I normally hate cliffies, so I'm thrilled to hear the next book is out and that it doesn't have the same painful ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love that I could jump to the next at once

      Delete
  21. Oh. How did I miss that she had this series out? Hm. Thanks for sharing and sound good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read this book the same day you posted the review, I loved it, and want more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Family curse? So, I'm wondering if he lives in a house full of coyotes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't really have that now can we...that would be suspect

      Delete
  24. I LOVE Sierra Dean. This is going on on the to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP