Tuesday 11 February 2014

Must Love Dukes - Elizabeth Michels

Lillian Phillips could not imagine how her quiet, simple life had come to this. Blackmailed by the Mad Duke of Thornwood into accepting one wild dare after another...all because of a pocket watch. Desperate to recover her beloved father's pawned timepiece, Lily did something reckless and dangerous and delicious—something that led to a night she'd never forget.

When Devon Grey, Duke of Thornwood, runs into a mesmerizing, intoxicating, thieving woman who literally stole from his bedchamber—with his new pocket watch—Devon plots his revenge. If the daring wench likes to play games, he's happy to oblige. After all, what's the use of being the Mad Duke if you can't have some fun? But the last laugh might just be on him...

My thoughts:
I enjoyed this one, oh that Duke! It was silly and fun.

I was a bit surprised how things happened in this book. I know that all have their ways of causing scandal but Lily, she sure does something else. And one year later she meets Devon again. I can't say he is happy and that leads to one fun book. He blackmails her into doing things .... get your minds out of the gutter. Not that! Other kind of games. But things will get serious as her idiot brother wants to marry her away, to a man of his choosing.

Lily was a breath of fresh air, mostly cos of the thing she did a year before. Sure she was lucky, but she took a chance. She is brave.

Devon is called the mad duke because his father was mad. And Devon does say and do outrageous things when he is annoyed at everyone. It was funny, because it's not things you say. But I got him, I would not want everyone calling me mad either.

Conclusion:
Fun, sassy, a bit mad and cute too. I want to read more.

cover thoughts...hurry!
His face, omg his face

Mass Market, 352 pages
Published February 4th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Tricks of the Ton #1
Historical romance
For review

48 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. I'm resolving to read more non-mysteries this year. So far, I'm not doing so well, but I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed that the mysteries continue ;)

      Delete
  2. Silly and fun, I need to read something light like this! Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep..I loved this one and cannot wait to dive into the second book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, sassy and a little mad sonds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the mad do seem to have all the fun... plus, it might give you an advantage in duke business... LOL This sounds like a fun one. Must put it on my huge list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he sure had fun, but it was not all good when people actually thought he was mad

      Delete
  7. I love historical fiction and this one sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for introducing it to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am all about the fun stuff. Best cover critique in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fun! I'm glad Lily is brave and Devon is funny. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, and I am glad I have another coming up soon

      Delete
  10. Aww, he should have blackmailed her into a little nookie. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good! I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good. I think the cover looks too modern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh this sounds fun! I need to read something different so shake things up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this one sounds so nice! You know how much I'm getting into the genre and this one looks appealing. And I want to discover this Duke and the "things"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I can't say, but it's amusing :D

      And yay for falling for his romance

      Delete
  15. This one sounds just like my kind of historical. I want! I want! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue, blue, the cover is blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds good & I love the cover! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This just looks like fun and I like the name Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha this review made me chuckle...until the end with the "cover" section and then I full out LAUGHED my booty off. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not be queen snark but I am def aiming for for village snark, lol

      Delete
  20. Yikes, I have this on my shelf and need to get to it. I was thinking it was for March! Glad to know you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cover is so wrong, look at her arms, she doesn't want to be hold, and her face, she is not being seduced at all. And him, nope, not handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She mostly looks amused, like haha omg this guy is so into me, what an ass

      Delete
  22. She looks smug and he looks ridiculous haha but glad it was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP