Thursday 20 February 2014

Winter - Sierra Dean

Eloise “Lou” Whittaker can’t shake the feeling she’s forgetting something.

After surviving the explosion of the Poisonfoot Library, she struggles to find her footing again, and she’s grateful Archer Wyatt is there to make sure she’s all right. But Archer seems to be around an awful lot and Lou has trouble controlling herself when she’s with him. She should be thrilled the most popular guy in school wants to be with her, but still, there’s that nagging feeling…

Cooper Reynolds knows he ought to let Lou go. He was putting her at risk by letting her in the first time, and now that she’s a blank slate he should just let her go on blissfully unaware of his curse. But she’s given him a taste of something dangerous… hope.

Can Cooper and an unlikely ally help Lou break free from the spell she’s under? And can they do it before a new force threatens to destroy the whole town?

My thoughts:
This does not happen a lot, but..I liked book 2 better than book 1. Usually book 2 is where I go all sigh, but here. I devoured this one. It also felt, well more original, and it's own.

Lou does not remember Cooper. Cooper tries to stay away but loves her. *music of doom* Archer is trying to win Lou over and he is a handsome, but an evil ass. His family are watching over the curse and arghhh *hates Archer and his family*. Just let them be!!!

Most of the book is Lou going on with her life, Cooper wanting her to remember and pieces falling into place. I learned more about the curse and then, then I turned the page and the book ended. That is the problem with ebooks, I did not brace myself for it. And it came, I was shocked and I wanted more.

Conclusion:
A YA series that got even better. A forbidden romance (those are the best), a curse that needs to be broken and just lots of good stuff.

ebook, 179 pages
Published February 15th 2014 by Sierra Dean )
Dog Days #2
YA /paranormal romance
For review

43 comments:

  1. Okay, now you got me curious. Will have to check this books out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love when book two ends up being better than book one! Like you said that doesn't always happen, so it's always such a pleasant surprise when it does. Beautiful cover on this book too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely surprise :D
      I like this cover, it fits the book and what happens

      Delete
  3. I love the cover and in a way that's a good cliffie, makes you want to read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I suppose this cover is kind of wintery looking. Better than the autumn cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's not like there is a lot of snow where she lives so it fits

      Delete
  5. I love this cover....but it's not helping with my winter blues. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got both of these books cause of you. Lol. Love this cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think Archer is bad, at least deep under. He's just a member of his family and has to do what he has to do. I'm hoping he'll turn sides or something.
    I need Spring now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I still dislike him ;) Stop being an ass Archer and then maybe I can like him...maaaybe

      Delete
  8. I love it when the second book is better than the first! I have to check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAit... you read another YA??? ;)

    I love it when the second book is better. Sometimes it continues that way. Hope so! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to, I read book 1, the forces of book gods made me

      Delete
  10. This looks really good. I need to start reading YA :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh she forgot? How did that happen? Ga. Sounds like I need the series now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly a good sign. Often book one is ok for me as we get a feel for the world etc, but book two is what sells me on a series..so glad it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me that seldom happens, most of the time I like book 1 best of all, or all equally...or book 2 sucks

      Delete
  13. wow that's great if this one is better! I have it, I just need more time to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like the second book in the series is where the novels CAN get better because the growth and plot can be escalated, so I'm glad to see that was the case here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does happen sometimes :) And I am glad it did

      Delete
  15. I love Sierra Deans Secret McQueen series but I haven't given her YA books a try yet. After reading your review, I'm thinking that I may have to rectify that soon! Glad to hear that this series gets better as it progresses; that's always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes give them a go. If I must be honest, then sure I love her Secret books more cos they are so freaking awesome. But this one is good too

      Delete
  16. Ebooks can be jarring that way. Sometimes I think things aren't moving fast enough and see that I'm not very far in. Other times it's just...over and I'm not ready.

    I like the sound of this one. And it's rare that a 2nd book is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the pages would make more sense, honestly people fix the pages.

      Delete
  17. I loved this book as well Blodeuedd, can't wait to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The town library exploded? Noooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds good and I do like forbidden romance!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have to check this one out, a handsome, evil ass is always fun haha

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP