Tuesday 4 March 2014

Desperately Seeking Suzanna - Elizabeth Michels

Sue Green just wanted one night to be the pretty one. But a few glasses of champagne and one wild disguise later, she’s in some serious trouble. Who knew the devastatingly handsome face of Lord Holden Ellis would get in the way of her foot? And how exactly did all that high-kick dancing start in the first place? At least she blamed it all on her new persona—Suzanna. So Society’s most eligible bachelor will never find out the truth.

All Holden wants is the truth. Who was that vixen who seduced him so thoroughly, then disappeared? The only one who seems to have any answers about Suzanna is Miss Sue Green. She’s promised to help him find his mystery woman, but in truth she’s not being all that helpful. And in truth, the more time Holden spends with Sue—witty, pretty, and disarmingly honest—the more he realizes he may have found exactly what he’s been looking for all along…

My thoughts:
I do confess that most of the time this premise does annoy me. Boy meets girl, girl wears a mask, there is kissing and she disappears. When they do meet again, and talk he does not know it's her. I would think at least the voice would do it. Oh well it does bring the drama...

Sue is invisible and with the worst mother ever. Trust me, I want to strangle her mother. What a wicked old cow! I am still angry at her and I just want to see Sue walk up to her and give her the finger. Ok ok, moving on. Sue was so sweet, nice, she wanted to do things, wanted to paint, but if you have someone holding you down it's hard.

Holden is a rake. And he becomes obsessed with Suzanna after what they have shared. There is a secret in his life that I can't tell, but it does bring some danger.

When they meet again they find each other amusing..sort of. She argues with him. But he does one thing later on that made me want to kick him. Bad Holden. Still it all ended happily, of course ;)

Conclusion:
Oh and there was an intriguing character in it that I hope is in the next book.

Cover
ok

Paperback, 342 pages
Published March 4th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Tricks of the Ton #2
Historical romance
for review

38 comments:

  1. Oh no! Why bad Holden?? lol

    I love your new design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very Cinderella, and she's not my fave tale :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the bloody feet version more if I get to choose

      Delete
  3. LOL, I just finished this book. I agree with you about the Mother, what a piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you enjoyed the story overall and I love books that introduce characters that you want to know more about and see them receive a HEA! Is this one of those series that you have to read the books in order, or can they all be read like an independent novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *waves hi* :D

      Nope, oh dang I always forget that. But yes read in which order you want, it works

      Delete
  5. So you didn't love this as much as Kimba, I don't think it is for me because I don't think I can get over the stupidity of the mask drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the drama. Sure it was good but come on..they did stuff!

      Delete
  6. It so silly when you think of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if this is going to be my cup of tea, but I'm always willing to check out more historical romances. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when a book gets you all riled up! :) Hm.. maybe you need to write a short story where you get all up in that mother's face... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would feel awesome. I would just go up to her, flash my wedding ring and be all in her face

      Delete
  9. sounds like a fun romance, and lol about that wicked old cow.

    I love you new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mother sounds horrible! I do like a character who is fun to hate. I'm not sure I have time for this one, but I am curious to read it after your review and Kimba's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good to have around and I promise you that you would loathe this mother

      Delete
  11. This cover... eh, seriously way too purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw a wonderful review about this one and I confess I"m really curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Another new HR series to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing like a good historical romance! This sounds like a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So it's a Cinderella story, or sounds like it. I think I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is this a Regency? The woman on the cover seems very modern. You have to wonder why they don't recognize the voice! Sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe men are just that stupid ;)

      Well let's blame it on the masquerade

      Delete
  17. uh oh! i'm sure i would have been mad at him too!! i've been curious about this author, sounds like i may give her books a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give them a go :)
      Aye there was this one thing closer to the end, and I was all, no you didn't say that

      Delete
  18. This sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound fun B, if only I was not burned out on historicals I would add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame cos I had so many to give ya, bummer

      Delete
  20. Boys are dumb. lol if a girl wears a mask there is NO POSSIBLE way that he'll recognize her mouth, hair, or voice. C'mon. lol sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, so that premise always bothers me, otherwise all good

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP