Tuesday 11 March 2014

Perfect Catch - Sierra Dean

Minor league umpire Alice Darling loves everything about baseball. That means hunky ball players are strictly off limits—dating one would be professional suicide. With a young daughter and a brother to care for, she can’t afford to slip up.

Truth is, as a young, stupid, nineteen-year-old townie, she did once date a player. That’s how she wound up with her precious, nine-year-old daughter…and a determination to never make that mistake again. Alex Ross’s arrival in Florida for spring training, though, shakes her resolve in a big way.

Alex, a catcher for the Major League’s San Francisco Felons, has never let much get in the way of his game. One look at Alice changes everything, and he finds himself pursuing her with a single-minded purpose that plays hell with his concentration.

Booted back to the minors, he returns to Florida with his tail between his legs to work on his swing…and heat things up with Alice. But when rumors of their affair hit the sports blogosphere, Alice’s career is put in jeopardy, and their love starts to look more like a strikeout than a home run.

My thoughts:
I liked Alex in book 1 so I really wanted him to get his HEA, as I also knew who he would get ;)

Alex is  a baseball player who comes to Lakeside for spring training. He is, nice, yes nice and sweet and I liked him.

Alice does not date baseball players after what happened last time. She does had some issues cos of that, and she really should trust her gut more. Cos Alex is a really nice guy and she is lucky to have met him.

A romance that takes off fast, but still does not (figure it out). She has to learn to trust him, to see he is good for her and they both need to figure out where this is going.

Throw in an ex who is an ass, a cute kid, a brother with troubles and some meddling sisters. And baseball of course, and you got this book.

I do wonder if there is a book 3 and about who?

cover
eh

Kindle Edition, 241 pages
Published March 11th 2014 by Samhain Publishing
Boys of Summer #2
Contemporary romance
 for review

46 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun romance, adding to my summer list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a series I've been hearing so much about. I'm glad that you liked this installment...I can't remember, did you read book 1 already? I haven't picked this series up yet...I'm holding off to read a few other things already on my bookshelf, but it's definitely on my list to read soon. As for Book 3...I haven't seen anything on GoodReads or her website...but I'm guessing with how much people have enjoyed these that she'll write more. :-) Have you by any chance read any of the Secret McQueen series by Sierra? I've heard that series is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read book 1 :) I liked it, and...yes read it last summer. It was a perfect summer book, and this one too.

      I sure hope she will write more but we will see.

      OMG I LOVE SECRET! I found them 1,5 years ago and read like 3 in 2 days

      Delete
    2. Good to know! I know Julie with Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks loves that series. I haven't been able to pick it up yet...but I really should!

      Delete
  3. I may have to check out this series - baseball season starts next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would rather catch up on her other series. Contemp romance is hit or miss with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baseball isn't really my thing but I do love sports romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate most sports and we do not even play baseball here

      Delete
  6. Alex sounds like a character that I would really enjoy as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems to be quite a typical romance novel and I usually look for more unusual, different ones. Still, lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it was different ;D Sports wise, lol

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun romance. Might have to read in order though... (don't faint).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww cute. I haven't read anything by Dean before but I've been wanting to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a fun romance, and who doesn't love a sweet baseball player for a romantic lead?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this? I'm always looking for baseball romances. I love baseball. I'm heading over to check this series out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alex is SO NICE! I like him a bunch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait, it's not fantasy and not historical and there's no cowboy on the front?! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this one and I liked book 1 but I really need more time to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I need to find the time to read book 1 too. I love Sierra Dean, and this sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried this author yet or any sport-type contemporary romances either. Definitely have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, baseball! It's cool that she's an umpire.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked the book, but didn't like Alice.
    I also wonder if there will be a third book and whose book will it be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :/ But yeah she had issues.

      I was thinking guy who was too forward, harassment suite guy

      Delete
  19. Nice review, I really want to read this one. I did not get a review copy of this one, but I will certainly buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember..did you read book 1?

      Delete
    2. pssst, if I see it next time I will tell ya. I never see it myself but I try

      Delete
  20. Super jealous! I always dreamed about getting with a baseball player. Lol oh well. Sounds super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP