Monday 17 March 2014

Sapphires are an Earl's best friend - Shana Galen

Lily Dawson, dubbed the Countess of Charm by the Prince Regent himself, plays the role of the courtesan flawlessly while her real purpose is spying in the service of the Crown. Her mission now is to seduce a duke to test his true loyalties. She'll do it, even though the man she really wants is Andrew Booth-Payne, Earl of Darlington—the duke's son.

Andrew is furious when he finds himself rivaling his father for Lily's attention. When he uncovers Lily's mission, Andrew is faced with impossible choices. It seems he is destined to betray either his family, his country, or the longings of his own heart...

My thoughts:
Lily is a courtesan...but not really. She is a spy for the Crown and she has also been taught by the Countess of Sinclair to sort of be a courtesan. Her reputation is forever in the gutter but at least her body is clean. She knows she can be charming, but she also know she is not as pretty as the two other famous courtesans (previous books). Also she has been in love with an earl called Andrew for ages.

Andrew is the son of a duke. A duke who wants Lily. A duke who just lost his duchess. So Andrew is not happy, but who can blame him. Sure he is a bit mad at Lily at times then but again, who can blame him? 

These two had great chemistry. She had once pined for him, he had pined for her friend. Now they argue and you know I love a good banter.

There is also the mystery part when Lily needs to find out if the Duke is a traitor. So it will get a bit suspenseful in the end, and of course these two will argue and get a bit passionate too.

Cover
Works

Mass Market Paperback, 324 pages
Published March 4th 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Jewels of the Ton #3
Historical romance
For review

57 comments:

  1. I just adore spy stories, especially historical. It creeps me out a bit that the father and the son want the same woman, though. :)
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit euww, but hey can't blame them

      Delete
  2. I do love good banter! Lily and Andrew have some complicated relationship stuff to work out, but it sounds like fun to watch them sort through it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like a good banter and these two sure do it well

      Delete
  3. Either you are a whore or you are not. Next please! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol @ anachronist.

    I might have to check out the first book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun! Do you think it can be read as stand-alone?

    (Sorry been MIA a bit - busy week. *Waves*)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about this one. I think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh a sexy spy story, quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound interesting, but I agree with Victoria, can this be read as a stand-alone? Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun a sexy courtesan as a spy! Love that! I want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sure different but it makes sense, they see a lot

      Delete
  10. Looking forward to Lily's story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fun and I do enjoy good banter too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least Monday's out of the way...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good historical romance. Love the color of that dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good chemistry and good banter? I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sound of this one. It's rare to have a spy girl as heroine in historical romances. I need to try this author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly the guy but Galen always mixes it up and uses both

      Delete
  16. I, like everyone else, love spy stories too ;) Toss in good chemistry and banter, and I'm in. I've got a new HR author to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting! Mainly in books like these the men get to be the spies. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, good for her to get to be one then too

      Delete
  18. Yay spies! I like the sound of this one, it's going on the list for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds ok but not too exciting. I like the cover though - the color anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really liked Galen's True Spies -- it was cute and sweet -- so I'll have to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though them not knowing felt a bit silly

      Delete
  21. Lovely review B, thank you. One day I will read her books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh, the father and son had a thing of Lily. That could be awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have this whole series on my list! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish I had time to try a few of these historical reads out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read an earlier series by Galen and really liked it but have lost track of her books a bit! Need to get back to them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Brothers of the Revolution series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think I read only like one from that one

      Delete
  27. Great chemistry ... I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP