Monday 14 April 2014

Black Heart - Christina Henry

As a former Agent of Death, Madeline Black is no stranger to witnessing violent ends. But being the one to cause them is an entirely different story…

Despite her having saved Chicago from a vampire invasion, the Agency wants to get Maddy off their payroll—permanently. With the deadly Retrievers hot on her trail, she has no choice but to trust Nathaniel to port her to safety. But even the exotic and dangerous world that she winds up in is not as peaceful as she would have hoped. Caught in a turf war between a group of fae and a disturbingly familiar foe, Maddy soon discovers that the twisted plots of her grandfather, Lucifer, and his brothers extend even into this unknown realm.

Now, with enemies gathering on all sides, Maddy’s fate is looking darker than ever. And to protect her unborn son from her adversaries, she may have to tap into a power she hoped never to access…

My thoughts:
I do like this series and when I finished the book I went online t at once to find out when the next book is coming out. The fall! Woe me!

The writing has also gotten better with each book, book 1 was a bit, eh, the story was awesome but it had some issues (but was still awesome ;). The only problem this book had was a conversation that was a bit silly in the middle of the book. But who cares, cos the rest is kick-ass.

Maddy is being hunted by the Agency since she left. She and Nathaniel got down and dirty (mixed feelings about that. She met her third uncle and revelations were made in the last that has an impact here. To protect her she is sent far away and gets into trouble. But she also meets someone whom I liked.

She kicks more ass. She learns a few secrets and something big happens and I got mad. Arghhh, evilness going on. The pace is good and something is always going on. Just too bad Lucifer was so busy with his baby mama, cos he is always cool to read about.

Conclusion:
I can't wait for more.

Cover
Cool

Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 29th 2013 by Ace
Black Wings #6
Urban fantasy
Own

46 comments:

  1. This sounds good Linda..and it is always a good sign when you finish reading and immediately look for the next book's release date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! :) Not sure I'm ready for another series, especially since this is book #6 already. :) Great review Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, at least I do not think it will go on forever

      Delete
  3. I do love a heroine who kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a series that just gets better and better :) Glad you're enjoying your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking I might need to revisit this series. I read the first book, and liked it enough to get the second, but I haven't touched it since . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many books does that make this?? Super proud of you sticking through this far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha 'who cares cause the rest is kickass' yeah thats the way to look at it sometimes when you like a book so much you can still see its faults but those don't even really matter compared to how awesome the rest of it is.

    I think I have THIS book but not the preceding ones - how did that happen!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly. The conversations are silly at times, but I just really like the series so who cares :)

      Oh no, that is not good, you have missed WAY too much

      Delete
  8. I can always get behind a kick ass heroine! Another series I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So few series actually get better! So glad you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really rare..most stagnate or get worse

      Delete
  10. I have first book in this series, but haven't read it... Now I know I have to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I'm missing out on something very enjoyable! I don't think I've heard much, if anything, about this series and you're already on book #6 ready for book #7. Eek! I need to look into fixing this issue. :-) Glad you enjoyed the book so much and the Fall is only a few months away...right...trying to send happy thoughts your way. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's sooooooooooooo far away. I wanted the next one at once. That is truly the bad thing about a series

      Delete
  12. I wanted to read this series! Well, still do...but once again I find myself jumping on board way too late. Once a series goes past #3 or #4 I find it unlikely I will ever be able to catch up!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I start late ;) cos then I know I can read slowly and the the end is near

      Delete
  13. Love when they keep getting better as it goes. Haven't seen her yet but sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a good series. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a series I really want to get into! I'm gonna have to start collecting the books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they make sure that each book comes out just after you've forgotten everything about the previous one...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is my kind of read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maddy sounds like a character that I would like

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds good, and I do hate dislike for the next book in the series...but then again, it makes it even more exciting once you do get the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but I so hate waiting, waiting always sucks

      Delete
  20. I really really need to read more books, I'm so behind in this series, I think I have book 4 at home... one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went crazy at one point and read a lot ;)

      Delete
  21. This sounds totally kickass and I need to start this series! Any book that has you running online to see when the next installment comes out is definitely worth some space on my TBR pile. :-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I had to...and now I think I have forgotten so better check it again ;)

      Delete
  22. Great review Linda, I really need to start reading this series. I know Carien loves it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *wail* I want to try this series. I need more time in the day...

    Glad you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. glad to hear that the writing in this book did improve over time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely adore this series! It's nice to find someone else who does as well. I don't see a lot of bloggers writing about it. I adore Beezle! Can't wait until Black Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beezle is the best! I can't wait either, I want it nooooow. The series is just fun and I always read the book in a day

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP