Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mark of the Demon - Diana Rowland

"Why me? Why now?" That's what Beaulac, Louisiana, detective Kara Gillian was asking herself when an angelic creature named Rhyzkahl unexpectedly appeared during a routine summoning. Kara was hoping to use her occult skills to catch a serial killer, but never had she conjured anything like this unearthly beautiful and unspeakably powerful being whose very touch set off exquisite new dimensions of pleasure. But can she enlist his aid in helping her stop a killer who's already claimed the lives--and souls--of thirteen people? And should she? The Symbol Man is a nightmare that the city thought had ended three years ago. Now he's back for an encore and leaving every indication on the flesh of his victims that he, too, is well versed in demonic lore. 

Kara may be the only cop on Beaulac's small force able to stop the killer, but it is her first homicide case. Yet with Rhyzkahl haunting her dreams, and a handsome yet disapproving FBI agent dogging her waking footsteps, she may be in way over her head...

My thoughts:
Yay another UF series to enjoy :D And one that already has a few books out so that means no waiting...ok it does mean waiting for me to get them. But not years I hope.

On to the story. It's the old but awesome story of a detective trying to solve a case. But Kara is also a summoner and summons demons in her basement. So she is cool.

The case in hand is a serial killer that leaves strange markings, so it's up her alley. To her help she has a handsome Fed, and well....a super sexy Demon messing with her. I do like a being that I do not know if he is good or bad or just...everything at once.

Police work, demon business, a nasty killer and just a good book to read. I love a book i can finish in a day (being sick works ;)

Conclusion:
Yay, I want more.

cover
eh

Paperback, 370 pages
Published June 23rd 2009 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)
Kara Gillian #1
Urban fantasy
Own

37 comments:

  1. I love this series. I agree with you about the cover. After third book covers improved... why? Daniel Dos Santos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I want some of this too. Adding it my list - sounds awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your UF reads lately. I want to try her zombie series actually, Idon't like zombies but I think that'll be a great introduction for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I like her Zombie books, I am all caught up on those, they are fun and strange

      Delete
  4. super sexy demons sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this one..sounds like it's right up my ally. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I should read book 2 soon but so many review books, bad me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently won book four from the author so now I must check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this author's White Trash Zombie series, and I SO need to start this one! It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That series is sure cool, I have reviews 2-3 coming up whenever I can put them in

      Delete
  9. Squee..i just looked on my Nook and I own it! Nice, you have me excited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just thinking about giving this series a try. It sure sounds like I should! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this series, it's nice to have a good mystery case each time, I need to read the last book but I need more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time, boo time, I need vacation that lasts a year

      Delete
  12. Yay! *jumps up and down* You did it, you started another UF series I adore :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked this too. I need to get caught up--I don't think I read past book 2 . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for awesome summoner books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I hadn't heard of this, I always love finding out about new UF series. Glad you're enjoying this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds pretty good. I like a UF now and again :):

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude I am all about super sexy demons! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually like the cover....mainly because I like the necklace. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds intriguing. I love finding a series that's already published several books so I can binge! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I have this series ... I am so glad you enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are going through old posts ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP