Friday 11 April 2014

Warlord - Elizabeth Vaughan

Lara of Xy and her Warlord, Keir of the Cat, have been through much together. Lara abandoned her lands and people for love of him.  She adopted his ways and learned of his tribe. Together they have faced plague and insurgency -- and despite these struggles, they have known happiness and joy.

Now they face their most arduous task: Keir must take Lara into the Heart of the Plains, and introduce her as the Warprize to the warrior-priests.  She must be tested--questioned, examined, watched--and must find favor with the warrior-priests and the tribe's elders before they will confirm her as a true Warprize.

But in Lara's heart there are doubts--for what if she is found wanting? Will Keir give up everything he knows to be with his Warprize?

My thoughts:
I am sad to see the end of this series, sure there is a book 4 but that one is not about Lara and Keir. And sure the book had a satisfying ending but it was not THE END. No, they still had battles before them. But I am happy with what I got.

It seems Keir did not tell Lara everything about being a warprize *sighs* men! So they are separated and she has to fight her own battles. Not everyone is happy with her *grumbles something about stupid Iften shitten*. I like Lara, she is courageous, and Keir is swoonworthy.

The Elders talk, Lara heals, Keir tries to get people on his side. Hell will break loose. Revelations about things I already guessed and yes a HEA. I would have been mighty mad if not.

Conclusion:
I do not know what to say right now. A lovely series about a healer and a barbarian, what more could a girl ask for?

cover
eh

ebook, 336 pages
Published March 6th 2007 by Tor Paranormal Romance
Chronicles of the Warlands #3
Fantasy romance
Own

32 comments:

  1. I love love love these books! Lara and Keir are one of my all time favorite romance couples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know why I waited so long after having read book 1...I think it was cos I wanted print, it was out of print and I forgot :/ Until I read Impossible things and wanted more barbarians

      Delete
  2. Yes! I really need to finish this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to say goodbye to favourite characters. Who knows, maybe Lara and Keir will make a cameo appearance in book 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was that they were talked about, but that would not be enough

      Delete
  4. Yay for an HEA!!! I live for those:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need another book in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What more could a girl ask for? A better cover and a side of chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww sounds swoon worthy. Always hard to see favorite series go huh

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound like a good series. Perhaps they will make secondary character appearances in later books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is just one other book :/ And from what I hear not all conflicts are dealt with there either. The series feels unfinished

      Delete
  9. Oops! Keir may have let tout a few details. lol

    Sounds like a good series though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *waves* :D Happy Friday!
    The eyes are creepy. 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a cool story, and I am glad to hear there is a HEA waiting at the end of it. But it sounds like there is some drama and strife on the way there (isn't there always? :D). Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad, I want more and here it did end in a strange manner, many conflicts still going on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice review B, now I really really want to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a series I have heard good things about. Maybe one day I can give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP