Thursday 22 May 2014

A Dangerous Madness - Michelle Diener

The Duke of Wittaker has been living a lie. He’s been spying on the dissolute, discontented noblemen of the ton, pretending to share their views. Now he’s ready to step out of the shadows and start living a real life...but when the prime minister of England is assassinated, he's asked to go back to being the rake-hell duke everyone believes he still is to find out more.

Miss Phoebe Hillier has been living a lie, too. All her life she's played by society's rules, hiding her fierce intelligence and love of life behind a docile and decorous mask. All it's gotten her is jilted by her betrothed, a man she thought a fool, though a harmless one. But when she discovers her former fiancé was involved in the plot against the prime minister, and that he's been murdered, she realizes he wasn't so harmless after all. And now the killers have set their sights on her...

The only man who can help her is the Duke of Wittaker--a man she knows she shouldn't trust. And she soon realizes he's hiding behind a mask as careful as her own. As the clock ticks down to the assassin's trial, the pair scramble to uncover the real conspiracy behind the prime minister's death. 

My thoughts:
Now what did I call this series again..romantic historical suspense? It's a historical fiction novel, with romance, spies and suspense. What's there not to like? :)

The PM has been murdered! Wittaker is on the trail to find out the truth and caught up in all this is Phoebe. I actually did not know the English Pm back then had indeed been killed but the conspiracy here is all the author's, and it worked very well. Perhaps it was the truth after all. 

I met Wittaker in book 2, but you do not have to read book 1 or 2 to follow along. It works perfectly as a stand alone. Still do read book 1 and 2 as they were awesome. Anyway, he is quite the character and hiding his true self, I liked him.

Phoebe wants to live a bit more, so yes of course I like her too. As the case pushes them together sparks starts to fly. All why the danger comes closer and closes.

Conclusion:
A case to be solved. Romance to be had and suspense as the conspirators are not happy. Come along for the ride.

Cover
nice

Paperback, 326 pages
Published May 19th 2014 (first published May 18th 2014)
Regency London #3
Historical romantic fiction
For review

40 comments:

  1. What's not to like indeed! This sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reviewing this one tomorrow on my blog, I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Love stories like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you would like this one if you tried it

      Delete
  4. Definitely everything to like

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, I loved the ride and agree it works as a standalone but the other books aren't to be missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does :) But you still have to read 1 and 2 ;)

      Delete
  6. I think you're right: what's not to like?! It certainly sounds like someting I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what this is the third book? I didn't know that, however I am glad that it can be read as a stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like romance and suspense. Maybe this would be a good one for me. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have to read Banquet of Lies, but this series sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for books that can be read as standalones! Too many series to catch up on! :-) (But darnit, books one and two sound so good too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes I remember your review about book 1 and now I want to read book 2 too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pheobe sounds like a good character to read about

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree--HR with spies and suspense is ALWAYS a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, my thoughts exactly: what's not to like? I have an ever-growing list of historicals I wanna read lately, lol! I blame you and Kimba Caffeinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Blame away. They are perfect sometimes, I read one in a day yesterday

      Delete
  15. oh a historical with mystery thrown in? awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. High five, Linda! I'm totally with you on pure awesomeness of this series :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's on the tbr pile! I love that cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know you love this author, someday Linda, someday ...

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP