Sunday 18 May 2014

Desperately seeking shapeshifter - Jessica Sims

Sarah Ward, the werewolf sister of Bathsheba from Beauty Dates the Beast, and co-owner of their paranormal online dating agency, Midnight Liaisons, is voluntarily traded to a wolf clan in exchange for a kidnapped female were-cougar. Fearful of what might happen to her while with the wolf clan, she and Ramsey, a were-bear who’s part of the were-cougar alliance, pretend to be engaged so he can stay with her for protection. The last thing either of them expect is for their pretend engagement to lead to a very real love affair….

My thoughts:
Wow this book really made me loathe werewolves, they are so off my list as hotties! They were mean, abusive, sexists, rapist assholes. In the corner with you wolves!

But ok there were 2 good wolves, one outsider and one known. Still the rest arghhhh. Poor Sarah. She was turned against her will, her ex beat her and held her down. So now she is scared of wolves. And who would not be when they are such asses!

Ramsey, awww, the big bad bear, who really is just a big kind cutie. He was so sweet with her and just wanted to protect her against those idiots.

Conclusion:
The book was so light and easy and I just breezed through it in an evening. Sweet, with some danger and just right.

cover
ok

Mass Market Paperback, 353 pages
Published October 30th 2012 by Pocket
Midnight Liaisons #2
Paranormal romance
Borrowed

26 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Linda, despite asshats werewolves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They needed several kicks in the groin

      Delete
    2. Ran into a problem with while trying to reach author, she may b related to a suzanna lee collum of shallowater tx. Perhaps the person. Who wrote this could repost or forward to author bc u do resemble her sister. I'm a veteran. I was once apart of suzannas life. I would have met the author if suzanna was ur sister. Am I reading Google right she died!!!!!!! If this is the right person or the person that posted this could forward my message. My heart is heavy to read this if its truth. I'm reduced to trial and error on Internet to find family to confirm this. Pls help

      Delete
  2. I keep forgetting to read this. I think I have it on my Kindle.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL about werewolves. They never seemed very heroic to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool :D And it was light but yes asses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! This is a cover I'm collecting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well shame on those wolves! I've read a series like that but it so wasn't a light one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh bad werewolves here; you're right poor Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to check out Sims for a while (I have a different book in this series already). Not sure how I feel about rapist, asshole werewolves though . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will make you want to hit them in the balls

      Delete
  9. Hmm, interesting! I love it when the paranormals are badass to actually mean, not just suped up human-like characters, you now? But then again I'm an evil reader, so...
    This definitely sounds like an interesting read, I'm adding it to my werewolves-galore wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evil reader you ;) But yes I like that too. They are different from humans so they should act differently too

      Delete
  10. I have heard so many great things about this book. Your little rant about mean werewolves makes me weary though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I like your review, bad wolves not so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review B, thanks. One day I will read this series, I love me some Bear shifter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! I like shifters....buuuut all these supernaturals are "monsters"...so it makes sense....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that they are mean cos yes monsters

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP