Tuesday 20 May 2014

Righteous Fury - Marcus Heitz

The elves, dwarves and humans all know the älfar to be dark, relentless warriors. This is their time.

In Dson Faïmon, the realm of the älfar, the warriors are planning a military campaign. Caphalor and Sinthoras are looking to enlist a powerful demon to strengthen their army - but the two älfar have very different goals. While Caphalor is determined to defend the borders of their empire and no more, the ambitious Sinthoras is intent on invasion: and he has the kingdoms of dwarves, elves and men firmly in his sights.

My thoughts:
The line between good and bad has never been harder to see. Are the Älfar good? Not really. But are they bad? Not really, they are just being Älfar.

The Älfar are immortal, they love the arts, beauty, fighting. They see themselves as perfect, and all humans, trolls, elves and other beings are just insects under their feet. Slaves that are not worthy to look upon. So yes in this they weren't good beings. But it was their culture and mindset.

I liked the Älfar. They are cruel and beautiful, quite fascinating (of course I would never want to meet one.)

The main characters are Caphalor, who is the voice of reason, and is Sinthoras who wants to go take over other countries. The good and bad guy. But things are like I said not that simple. They like all things change.

There is also a POV of a slavegirl and I must say the thing of nothing being black and white are sure everywhere. You'll see.

There is adventure, fighting, death, one truly gruesome act and a people going to war.

Conclusion:
I enjoyed this book and I want more about the Älfar. Because at the end, stuff is going down ;).

Cover
If they are so beautiful then this guy needs to be more so

Mass Market Paperback, UK Paperback, 512 pages
Published May 1st 2014 by Jo Fletcher Books (first published April 24th 2009)
Die Legenden der Albae #1/The legend of the Älfar
Fantasy
For review

34 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I'd enjoy, Linda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this one, but I know more about his book The Dwarves. I've considered putting them on my list. I could have sworn I remember this one having a different and better looking cover though! :P

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...the German one?

      Right the Dwarves, I got so curious and checked the blurbs cos events here lead to events there or something

      Delete
  3. YEah the dude on the cover gives me the creepers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they are creepy so in that aspect it rings true

      Delete
  4. It has elves so I'm in lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well actually it had the Älfar AND Elves, double win

      Delete
  5. LOL! It's going down! :) This sounds like a fun fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I like when there's a whole lot of gray area in a book, particularly when characters are neither wholly good nor bad:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like that, the world is grey and I liked it

      Delete
  7. the alfar do sound very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like gray in my fiction so yes, go Alfar. And sure thing that guy on the cover is not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The guy looks like Legolas' evil and more buff brother. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is kind of creepy but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking Legolas' evil twin too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's interesting to learn more about the Älfar, mainly when it's not something we have already met in books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are bigger badder and more beautiful

      Delete
  13. I do enjoy cruel and beautiful characters. That guy on the cover reminds me of Legolas from LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo. Now this is good. I'm curious. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like something I would like... another one that goes to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I couldn't focus on your review, the cover was creeping me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like something I would like (ugly cover and all, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP