Thursday 15 May 2014

The Highwayman's Daughter - Henriette Gyland

Hounslow, 1768. Jack Blythe, heir to the Earl of Lampton, is a man with great expectations. So when his stagecoach is held up by a masked woman, brandishing a pistol and dressed as a gentleman of the road, he wholly expects to have his purse stolen. And when he senses something strangely familiar about the lovely little bandit, Jack also expects to win his cousin Rupert s wager by tracking her down first.

But as Jack and the highwaywoman enter into a swashbuckling game of cat and mouse, uncovering an intricate web of fiercely guarded family secrets, the last thing Jack expects to have stolen is his heart.

My thoughts:
A little bit of drama, a little bit of suspense, a little bit of romance and a little bit of highway robbery and that is the mix of this book.

Cora is the highwayman's daughter and she robs people too. Her father needs medicine so she puts her life on the line. She is brave and all in all a cool heroine.

Jack is the man who gets robbed and he is obsessed with finding her. He, what to say, he was relentless in his search, but for good reasons in the end. The same can't be said about his cousin Rupert, oh I could not stand the guy!

Romance blossoms, but they are different classes, there are secrets and then there is the whole oh I robbed you thing.

Conclusion:
A nice romance that I read fast.

Cover
Nice

Paperback, 336 pages
Published May 15th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published April 1st 2014)
Historical romantic fiction
For review

32 comments:

  1. Cool! Love the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Friday?!?!?!? Maybe I need to take Friday off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting mix, I might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Yeah, the whole "I robbed you," thing could definitely be an obstacle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A female highwayman - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this lovely review. It just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read a book just like this a while ago, but it was a Historical Romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read with male robbers, hot ones

      Delete
  9. She robs him to save her father and he pursues her and they fall in love? ooh I like the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi yes and then there is seeecrets too

      Delete
  10. So is this like Robin Hood or are they just plain robbers, period?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She robs does who can afford to be robbed and she buys medicine for her dad

      Delete
  11. The whole robbing thing sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cover looks really awesome, and I like the sound of it. Maybe I'll finally find my way back to historical romance with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :) I really like HR cos it's light and nice, but this one is more than HR, but not historical so a mix

      Delete
  13. This looks nice, I need to read romance novels by authors new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm maybe, I like the sound of a female Robin Hood :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it sounds nice, I like the sound of the 2 main characters! It's a new one for me I confess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this highway robbery might just be the most interesting part. It's not something we see often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice review Blodeuedd, I have read other books with a similar storyline, so not running out to buy it. But I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but then most books have a similar storyline ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP