Monday 9 June 2014

Falling apart - Jane Lovering

Jessica Grant liaises with Otherworlders for York Council so she knows that falling in love with a vampire takes a leap of faith. But her lover Sil, the City Vampire in charge of Otherworld York, he wouldn t run out on her, would he? He wouldn t let his demon get the better of him. Or would he?

Sil knows there s a reason for his bad haircut, worse clothes and the trail of bleeding humans in his wake. If only he could remember exactly what he did before someone finds him and shoots him on sight.

With her loyalties already questioned for defending zombies, the Otherworlders no one cares about, Jess must choose which side she s on, either help her lover or turn him in. Human or Other? Whatever she decides, there s a high price to pay and someone to lose. 

My thoughts:
Truth be told, I could not remember much from book 1. My memory is always bad, so in a way, yes it could work as a stand alone ;)

We are thrown right in. Something has happened to Sil. But what? Is he evil now? Should he be hunted down? Most of the book is about Jessica trying to find out what is going on. And we also learn some interesting facts about..ahem things. 

This is the world were everything was normal and then otherworlders showed up. You can understand the tension. Even if it has been quite some time since that.

We did not see much of Sil, a shame really. But we did see Zan instead, the leaders of the vampires and I must say, I quite fancy him more ;)

Jessica, oh I do not know. I think it was the constant Sil business, she could have thought about other things too. Even though she did but still, a bit lovesick.

Conclusion:
Anyway we have, vampire demons, zombies, werewolves, angry humans, two lovers torn apart in good old York.

cover 
too much on it

Paperback, 336 pages
Expected publication: June 15th 2014 by Choc Lit
Otherworlders #2
Paranormal fiction
for review

34 comments:

  1. Oooo this is a new series to me, thanks for putting it on my radar! I'll have to check out book one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new series for me too, but I think it sounds pretty interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series either, but it looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the cover, I thought the book was about fairies or elves... This was new author for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My memory is horrible too, but chances are if I don't remember much from book one it means nothing really special stood out! This sounds like your usual paranormal fare, but it does look quite interesting!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 2 years since the last one :/ The my memory does start to fail

      Delete
  6. I love the cover, but I don't think it'll be one I pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun enough. I agree with you about that cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think her face in the front and less green

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am board with a book with that many paranormals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zombies? yay! I like books with zombies in it. :) the cover is indeed a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of this one! I'm glad it can be read as a stand alone.

    I forget earlier books ALL the time!

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few weeks ago I read one that the least having been read 4 years ago, yeah I had forgotten things ;)

      Delete
  12. Wow tons of paranormal and zombies..I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good 'ol paranormal creatures, what a classic combo although I have yet to really indulge in zombie stories

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh it's great to know that we can read it as a stand alone book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vampires, demons, and zombies....OH MY! hahahaha. But yes...this sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am alive - barely so- but vamps, zombies and demons seem a tad too much tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALIVE!!! And yes not for you, you'd tear it apart

      Delete
  17. that's a whole lot of otherworlders ... not heard of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not a fan of zombies, but the rest sounds good. And I must have missed your review of the first book as this is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really about zombies, they are just there for a few pages and they are nice

      Delete
  19. That's great this could work as a stanalone. Like you sometimes I forget so much about the previous books I've read.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP