Thursday 19 June 2014

Magic and Loss - Nancy A. Collins

Located on Manhattan’s Lower East Side, Golgotham has been the city’s supernatural district for centuries. Populated by creatures from myth and legend, the neighborhood’s most prominent citizens are the Kymera, a race of witches who maintain an uneasy truce with the city’s humans...

It has been several months since Tate Eresby developed her new magical ability to bring whatever she creates to life, but she is still learning to control her power. Struggling to make a living as an artist, she and Hexe can barely make ends meet, but they are happy.

That is until Golgotham’s criminal overlord Boss Marz is released from prison, bent on revenge against the couple responsible for putting him there. Hexe’s right hand is destroyed, leaving him unable to conjure his benign magic. Attempts to repair the hand only succeed in plunging Hexe into a darkness that can’t be lifted—even by news that Tate is carrying his child.

My thoughts:
I do like Golgotham, such a cool world, it's part of the city of New York. They are a little world of their own, magic, beings, and all things nice and horrid.

Tate and Hexe have settled down quite nicely. But things are never that easy are they? Family problems, the whole she is human, he is Kymerian thing. But I like them and they are so cute together, I like that they just went for it. Especially since he is the heir to the throne and everything.

But a bad guy is coming for them and the book took a more sinister tone, and I felt so sad for them at times. It was tough.

The ending wraps it together a bit too nicely. I had to ask the author and she does want to write more. But this one needed an ending if more did not come. And I did like that cos yay it all worked out. But she still left room for so much more for them to come, as Tate was preggers and all. Ohh drama. But if more is not to come then this was a nice trilogy, and if more is to come then yes more will be awesome.

Conclusion:
A cool urban fantasy series that I have enjoyed :)

cover
nice

Mass Market Paperback, 290 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Roc
Golgotham #3
Urban fantasy
own

30 comments:

  1. Hopefully "more" comes to fruition! I like that everything is wrapped up nicely with room for more though, I much prefer that to a cliffhanger:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so cos the series had so much more to offer

      Delete
  2. I haven't even heard of this series. How on earth did that happen? And it sounds really good too. I'm flabbergasted. I'm also going to add it to my wishlist. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. Sadly this one as gone under the radar and that's a shame

      Delete
  3. I only heard about these Golgotham books yesterday, funny that I should read a review of it on your site today! Yeah, I also missed the train on this, going to have to look it up.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, good :) See when you see one they are everywhere!

      Delete
  4. I have to check this one out. I do love my HEAs but I know what you mean about it being too easy. Still, sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cos it had to end fast :/ But I am glad it did end well cos it could have had an open ending and then nothing more

      Delete
  5. And I've not heard of this one. How is that? I like the sounds of this. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm marking this one down! I love when there's an actual couple - together…I'm good with easy lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. How is this new to me? Did you read the first two books? I love the premise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, everyone seems to have missed that...but hey it was like 2 years ago or something

      Delete
  8. Ooo nice. I've not seen her that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great series, Im gonna have to add this one to my list! I like the world development it sounds like Devon Monks series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds pretty good! I've never heard of it before and I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun one that is more...calm some how

      Delete
  11. I also really need to read this one. I hope we will have moreone day because this series is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, I mean she did want to write more *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  12. I haven't heard of this series. Looks like a fun one to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard great things about this series, I even have first book. I just need to get in the UF mood to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day then when you are in UF mood

      Delete
  14. Not even heard of this series ... does sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP