Monday 2 June 2014

Mischief by Moonlight - Emily Greenwood

With the night so full of romance...
Colin Pearce, the Earl of Ivorwood, never dreamed he'd desire another man's fiancée, but when his best friend goes off to war and asks Colin to look after the bewitching Josie Cardworthy, he falls under her sparkling spell.

Who can resist mischief?
Josie can't wait for the return of her long-absent fiancé. If only her beloved sister might find someone, too...someone like the handsome, reserved Colin. A gypsy's love potion gives Josie the chance to matchmake, but the wild results reveal her own growing passion for the earl. And though fate offers them a chance, a steely honor may force him to reject what her reckless heart is offering...

My thoughts:
Boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, but boy's best friend gets there first. Yes poor Colin, his friend Josie grew up, he started falling for her but his best friend Nicholas won her.

Colin is still in love with her, but he is a good friend, so he becomes a good friend and only that to her. And again I found myself reading about a nerdy hero who loved history (yay! my kind of guy.)

Josie was a whirlwind! At times I did not think they would suit that well, I thought her sister Edwina would fit him better. But, that's the thing, you never really know. And they were already best friends too, he had a calming effect on her.

And of course there is mischief going on. Josie tries to set Colin up with her sister, she even gives him a potion. There is a London season and these two slowly moving even closer. But there is that bog cloud, she is in love with someone else, or is she?

Conclusion:
A fun mischievous book.

Cover
works

Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Expected publication: June 3rd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Mischief #3
Historical romance
for review

35 comments:

  1. This sounds so cute! Adding it to the list:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good mix of trouble & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and of course I love mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good and it's a nice cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, and then what happend? I probably need to read it to find out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mischievous friends to lovers trope with pretty dresses involved, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a cute book and the characters sound fab. Hm...I may have to add this one to the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mischief and fun sounds like the perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds truly cute and I do enjoy a nerdy hero.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything that has a london season makes it on my to do list! History nerds are hot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol everyone loves someone else. It's fun, I'm curious to see how it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds awesome, and that cover is just too adorable to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does sound fun, and a real magical love potion? Or just colored water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake of course ;) I am sure there were some magic mushrooms there

      Delete
  14. Well, I hope his friend gets an HEA too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always up for a fun, mischievous book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a nerdy hero! This sounds like a lot of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that sounds so fun! And I'm loving that cover :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP