Monday 7 July 2014

Follow a star - Christine Stovell

Sometimes your heart's the only navigator you need...

May Starling's had enough of her demanding career and even more demanding ex. Responding to a 'crew-wanted' ad, she follows her dreams of escape only to find herself at sea with red-haired Bill Blythe.

Bill warns May that close-quartered living can create a boiling pot of emotions, but even May is surprised by the heat building up inside the vintage wooden boat. And when May and Bill tie up at Watling's Boatyard in Little Spitmarsh, May's determined to test her new-found feelings on dry land.

But May's dream of escaping her former life is in danger of being swept away when several unwelcome blasts from the past follow her ashore, all seemingly hell-bent on reminding her that it's never that easy to clear the decks.

My thoughts:
A romance at sea, a romance at land, but a romance that never really blooms before the end. Oh people, you got issues.

May is hiding something, little by little we do get what she is hiding and from whom. And then she gets on the boat with Bill and can't help it, she fancies him.

Bill, I mean he was nice and all. But I do think he jumped to conclusions way too fast, and way too much. Itwas like, do not give him any more chances! I did want them together, I just wished he had talked to her before accusing her or walking away. Men! Yes they are idiots aren't they?

This is book two in a series, but trust me, you can read it as a stand alone. It's about two people meeting, slowly falling in love and learning to trust each other. She has baggage, he does not know what to think.

Conclusion:
A romance that builds. And romance should take time, and not be rushed.

Cover
Cute in a way

Paperback, 336 pages
Published July 7th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published June 3rd 2014)
Little Spitmarsh #2
Romantic Fiction
For review

35 comments:

  1. I like! Sometimes a great romance is all we need in the summer times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Not a fan of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of both like and dislike. It's cheap

      Delete
  3. I hate when people have problems because of miscommunication... Talk people, just talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously. What Marcella said. Still, I've got it on my list, so we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, I know it's a book and all, but I get all arghh, talk ye eejits

      Delete
  5. Good to hear that the romance took its time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel that Romance novels look so much alike. I might check this out to see if it suprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of this one. This sounds perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the genres I read too many of the romantic aspects are rushed, so it's refreshing whenever an author takes their time like Christine Stovell did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, always rushed, sometimes I just want it a bit more real

      Delete
  9. I always like a slow romance, but this one sounds like it has some communication issues, which is not my fav...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more of him being a jackass and thinking she was a golddigger

      Delete
  10. Yes, men are idiots... some of them anyways LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. :)) That idea about men... yeah, so with you on that :)) Sounds interesting, I do love me some twisty romance, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. *sighs* Men. I hate when characters (and people in real life) just jump to conclusions and never really push to find the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, just ask in the beginning, do not make a complete idiot of yourself, over and over again

      Delete
  13. I love the cover and it sounds cute enough. I kind of like the vintage boat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love when series books can be read as standalones. Glad to hear I can just dive into this one. I totally agree, romances need time to develop properly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I can do insta, but it's never as real

      Delete
  15. Stoopid men lol. I like romances that develop naturally, without too much angst but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angst, bleh, I just can't do it, I get all arghhhhh

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for the review - and many thanks too to everyone who was kind enough to express a view. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm. I don't usually read romance stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good beach read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if I should admit this - but living on the Welsh coast here, I can sit up in bed and see the sea *slinks off*.

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP