Friday 11 July 2014

How to lose a Lord in 10 days or less - Elizabeth Michels

He's the perfect gentleman...
After years hidden away from the mockery of the Ton, proud Andrew Clifton, Lord Amberstall, is finally ready to face Society again. But when his horse is injured on the road to London, Andrew finds himself literally thrown at the feet of the beautiful, infuriating, and undeniably eccentric Katie Moore.

...she's anything but a lady.
Katie always preferred the stables to society, so when she was badly injured in a riding accident, she was more than happy to retreat to the countryside and give up the marriage mart for good. She never expected an infuriatingly proper lord to come tumbling into her life - and she certainly never expected to find herself wondering what it would be like to rejoin the world at his side.

They couldn't be more different, and soon Andrew and Katie find themselves at odds about everything but the growing passion between them... and a keen awareness of a threat that may end their unconventional romance before it has even begun.

My thoughts:
You can read this one as a standalone, it works. But yes it is book 3 and we have met them both before. With Katie it was an aha moment. But Andrew I remember well. 

Oh Andrew. In book 1, I was on the hero and heroine's side, even if they did something bad. Now I realised how bad and really felt for him. Poor poor Andrew. In an era when appearance was everything he was humiliated and fled the country. And after a year in exile he is back and the book can start.

Andrew loves horses. He grows in this book too when he realised that no, appearances is not everything. He sure said some dumb things in book 1, so I am glad he changed.

Katie is, oh she is different. She dresses in pants (which Andrew is not happy about). She lives alone in a cottage and she is just, different. Together they make no sense, which means they make perfect sense :)

So all while these two slowly are getting to be friends, and then falling in love, something sinister is going on. Someone is after Andrew, but why? You will find out.

Conclusion:
Love, suspense and a different sort of couple

Cover
Not how I would see her

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Tricks Of The Ton #3
Historical romance
For review


26 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cute read, and I'm glad that it works as a stand alone. Happy Friday, Blodeuedd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cute read. I'll have to check out the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if t works as a stand alone, then start with 1 s you can see why he has been away ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh these are the kind of books I often skip around but don't get lost. I enjoy those. This looks like a fun romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be read out of order and I do like them for that

      Delete
  4. I love when opposites attract, and you have to love a pants wearing heroine in this era :-) Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wished it showed on the cover, cos she is such a tomboy.

      Delete
  5. I wonder if they're hiding his receding hairline by cropping off the top of his head?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds adorable, might have to check this out the next time the mood for romance strikes me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can never resist this kind of a romance set-up so of course this is going on my TBR for those lazy days when I just need a solid romance to curl up with. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound really cute. I think I'll add it to my 'when I'm in the mood for a historical' list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :)
      It's good, a bit different and just nice

      Delete
  9. How about the humor in this book? With that title it sounds fun. Is it fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had fun in it too :) Together with the romance and suspense parts

      Delete
  10. Oh this sounds like one I would love. I've not read her I don't think. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of it but on the cover she doesn't look like a historical heroine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention she only dresses in pants ;)

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP