Monday 28 July 2014

Sins of the Demon - Diana Rowland

Louisiana homicide detective Kara Gillian is doing her best to cope with everything that's happened to her over the past year, all while s continuing to hone her skills as a demon summoner. But lately she's beginning to wonder if there's a little too much demon in her world. She has a demon for a roommate, the demonic lord Rhyzkahl is still interested in her for reasons she can't fathom, and now someone in the demon realm is trying to summon her. And there's no way that can end well.

Meanwhile, people who've hurt Kara in the past are dropping dead. Kara is desperate to find the reasons for the deaths to clear her own name, but when she realizes there's an arcane pattern to the deaths, she knows that both the human and the demon worlds may be at risk unless she finds out who's behind it all. She's in a race against the clock and in a battle for her life that just may take her to hell and back.

My thoughts:
Omg, omg, omg, omg, omg! There I said it...I have to say more? But I already said it, omg!!! I raced through the whole book and then the end. I kicked myself for not having the next book, and then I ordered it at once. Now I have to wait DAYS!  DAYS I tell you for it to arrive. I am dying here. I am dying for that ending was brutal. BRUTAL. If I was not a fangirl of Rowland I certainly became one now. And Kara Gillian turned into one of my fav UF series around.

Ok here is where I tell you something about the story line. But I have not really gotten over the ending yet. Now that was a cliffhanger, pure evil and good. It made me want the next book like crazy, it made me love the series. It made me come to some conclusions (I do not know if I am right but if, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!)

Story *thinks about the end again*. I can't, the end! Ok, pull it together girl! People are dying and the only connection is Kara. She needs to figure it out. We learn things. Someone is after Kara. There *thinks about the ending again*.

Conclusion:
Ok just READ this book. Start this series now.

Cover
good

Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by DAW
Kara Gillian #4
Urban fantasy
own

38 comments:

  1. Wow, glad you enjoyed this one so much. Hope the next book arrives asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did and they are read ;) I am late with reviews you see

      Delete
  2. I'm hooked on her White Trash Zombies series, and have been contemplating starting this one while I wait for the next installment. Yup. I'm totally one-clicking these books. I blame YOU! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome story and the ending has me curious (and I made you think about it again, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn now I have to read those books too! Seems like an awesome series and I am glad you enjoyed this book :) Hope your book arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I have read the next 3 too and I can't wait for the next one to come out...next year

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm convinced! LOL I'm going to add it to my wishlist right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I am convinced. I already have the final book from the author, what am I waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, five "OMGs" that's high praise indeed. I see this is book 4, so how many books in total so far in this series? Might not be too bad to catch up.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You counted? LOL
      6 so far, more to come, dunno how many. Hopefully not too much so it goes bad

      Delete
  8. Wow you really liked this book! I have to keep this series in mind when next time I order some books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I already want it. Yes you made me want it more. Yes my wishlist is now cursing you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seriously dropped the ball..I think I read 3 or 4 of this series..heads over Goodreads add them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you, this book was awesome and evil... that end almost killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever seen you fangirl like this before. Really good huh? I have to hunt these books down at my friendly neighborhood book depot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not my type of book, sadly, but I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This series basically lost me with this book. I shipped Kara and Ryan so hard and I disliked the direction it took. I hate being so invested and ending up disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? But you should see what happened in the nezt

      Delete
  15. Sounds pretty good, but the cover is odd in my opinion. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really need to get back to this series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this sounds awesome! I love when a book has you immediately ordering the next one and kicking yourself for not having it already. I've been meaning to read Diana Rowland and I can see I need to definitely pick this one up. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Soooooooo good. Def give them a go

      Delete
  18. Hahaha, so when I get starting the first book order the rest of the series. :D Awesome to hear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes that is something you have to do

      Delete
  19. Yep, this series is only gets better with each book. *grinning* Last three books are especially awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP