Thursday 17 July 2014

Terra's World - Mitch Benn

Terra , which Neil Gaiman said reminded him of Douglas Adams,Terry Pratchett and Roald Dahl, launched the novel writing career of stand-up comedian and BBC Radio 4 Now Show regular Mitch Benn.

Now Terra is a couple of years older and back on earth. She's in hiding. And in Terra's World we find out why. But none of this is known to Billy Dolphin. He's just annoyed that since Terra returned to Earth Science Fiction has died a death. How wrong could a teenage boy be?

Terra may be back on Earth but the powers of the universe are not finished with her. Her old home faces a terrible threat which possibly only Terra can overcome. Just what is the black planet? To find out first Terra must learn how to survive as there is an alien bounty hunter on her trail. And only Billy Dolphin to help her.

My thoughts:
The fun continues, I do like sci-fi with humour in it. And in this one Terra is in hiding as someone is after her. And it's also the story of Billy who is sad cos ever since people found aliens are real, sci-fi has died. Cancelled shows, fewer books. It's a shame. But then Terra and Billy meet, and he gets that adventure he wants.

Told with a smile, this is a book that made me giggle. It's both real and silly fun at times. But it's also serious as things are not good on Terra's former home planet, it's really bad, and about to get worse. And who is after her by the way?

I liked Terra, but Billy was almost more fun. He was the side-kick after all, the comic relief. The one who was only there cos of her. He was not really a hero but he could be.

Conclusion:
Humour, science-fiction and danger on the horizon. A short fun book that you can read in a day.

Cover
eh

Hardcover, 320 pages
Published July 17th 2014 by Gollancz
Terra #2
Sci.fi / YA
For review

30 comments:

  1. A scifi with humor and thats fun sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would thoroughly enjoy Billy! Gotta love a little comic relief:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with brandi and jenny here. Also if you enjoyed this, you should check out Traci Slatton, her sci-fi are similar to this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check her out! I am so bad with names, so I might know who it is when I see a cover

      Delete
  4. Sci-fi and humor mixed together? Sounds like a fun read to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always up for a humorous read so I could handle this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like that there is humor here! I like the sounds of this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I never heard of this series, but I do like humour in books so will definitely check it up! Thanks for this lovely review. :)

    Lola @ Hit or Miss Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes def check it out. Humour, sci.fi and fun

      Delete
  8. Science fiction and laughs, that's something I can get behind! Nice that it's short too.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love short sometimes, you can just sit down and finish it in one go ;)

      Delete
  9. That cover wouldn't entice me to buy lol, glad it made you giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to read first book. It's on my TBR... but too many books too little time! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read many sci-fi novels with humor, this sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sci-fi and humor sound like a good mix!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if it's for me... you know my problems with sci-fi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I am the same. Too much tech and flying through space. But this book was not like that

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP