Sunday 27 July 2014

The Scribe / The Singer - Elizabeth Hunter

Hidden at the crossroads of the world, an ancient race battles to protect humanity, even as it dies from within.

Ava Matheson came to Istanbul looking for answers, but others came looking for her. A reckless warrior guards her steps, but will Malachi’s own past blind him to the truth of who Ava might be? While ancient forces gather around them, both Ava and Malachi search for answers. 

Whispering voices. Deadly touch. Their passion should be impossible... or it could be the only thing that will keep them alive.

My thoughts:
I really should find some kind of short review format, you know, for when you want it short, when you are out of time, or when you should be doing something else ;) But for some reason it never is as short as I want.

Ok let's see.

Story:
There is a world unknown to us. Where strangers lurk in the shadows. Who are they, what are they? Ok so it's the old boy meets girl, boy saves girl, girl falls for boy but something bigger is going on story. And I sure wanted to know what.

World.
Interesting build-up, a bit more info each time. I like the world.

Hero:
Your usual kind of hero, Malachi is strong, a bit brooding, protective and wants his woman.

Heroine:
She, well ok one thing bugged me but I got over it. It does make sense. Anyway. She has issues. But she tries to be strong and independent. 

End:
Holy F how evil. Luckily I read the prologue for the next book at once.

Conclusion:
Interesting concept. But sad in a way, cos of the whole how their world are.

ebook, 306 pages
Published October 15th 2013 by E. Hunter
Irin Chronicles #1
Paranormal romance
Own

When you've lost everything you love, how do you fight the darkness?

Ava left Istanbul with a new identity, new name, and new magic she could barely control. Laid low by Malachi's sacrifice, she searches for help from the fabled Irina. But will the secretive women of the Irin race welcome or shun her? Ava's origins are still a mystery, and her powers are darker than any they've encountered before.

The Irin world hangs in the balance. And as the children of angels battle their own demons, ancient rivalries among the Fallen threaten to wreak havoc on earth.

Thousand of miles away, a warrior wakes with no memory of his identity or his people. Stumbling though the dark and twisted schemes of fallen angels, ravenous Grigori, and even his own leaders, he must find a way back to the one thing he remembers. A single voice calls him. Malachi has one mission.

"Come back to me."

My thoughts:
I did like book 1 a bit more because of where the story took place and because of the build up. Also because Ava annoyed me in this one :/

So Mal is dead, no he is not. He is back and has amnesia. Being all good and well good as always. And trying to find Ava. All while Ava is in Norway missing him. No annoyance there yet, that comes when they meet. I mean honestly girl! I am gonna smack you over the head! You do not deserve him. At that point I wish he had left her.

The story stagnates a bit as it gets repetitive when they all wonder over and over who her parents are. Ok I get it, we do not know. Now I just freaking wanna know. The end gives a clue. Intriguing.

I like the angels, those guys are bad. Hehe, they are my favorites. 

cover
Both good

Ebook, 336 pages
Published May 6th 2014 by CreateSpace
Irin Chronicles #2
Paranormal romance
Own

33 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . I typically love Elizabeth Hunter, but I couldn't make it all the way through the first book the first time I tried, and if that one is the better of the two . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could not make it through book 1 then I doubt book 2 would have worked. They were idiots there

      Delete
  2. I do so like the descriptiveness of the hero, heroine and the evil one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love Elizabeth Hunter's books, but haven't read these yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...I'm not sure these books are for me, but I've seen them around and they caught my interest for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like they were both the second was repetitive. Great reviews! I know it's hard to keep it short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna make it really short, but I never manage ;)

      Delete
  6. Have not heard of these books yet but The Scribe sounds interesting enough, going on the Maybe-One-Day list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really interested in the Scribe and want to know more about this dark world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm it seems like both books are so-so. I think I'll pass up on this despite the evil element, I love evil things in my books, but the story overall sounds like it's lacking in oomph and it's already book 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was promising but then book 2 was all, I hated her, and I wanted things to happen

      Delete
  9. I'd read them -- cool covers, I like the back shots. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most parts covers are so alike, but these back shots are different with the tats

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this before but I really like the covers and am curious to check these out myself. Thanks for throwing them on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Elizatbeh Hunter but I'm so late in her books, I need to read the one she sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ending comment cracked me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to read first book because of the setting, Istanbul, but after reading some reviews I realized it was not for me. Now, after reading yours I'm glad of my decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Istanbul one but the next one was not as good

      Delete
  14. I've not tried her. Loving that cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :) Sometimes book 1 is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm I wonder what Ava did that made you want to smack her? :-) It's a shame book two was not as good as book one, but they still seem worthwhile. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would want to smack her too, trust me

      Delete
  17. I like bad angels. :) That's cool. Thanks for sharing about these.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP