Thursday 3 July 2014

The tea chest - Josephine Moon

Kate Fullerton, talented tea designer and now co-owner of The Tea Chest, could never have imagined that she'd be flying from Brisbane to London, risking her young family's future, to save the business she loves from the woman who wants to shut it down.

Meanwhile, Leila Morton has just lost her job; and if Elizabeth Clancy had known today was the day she would appear on the nightly news, she might at least have put on some clothes. Both need to start again.

When the three women's paths unexpectedly cross, they throw themselves into realising Kate's magical vision for London's branch of The Tea Chest. But every time success is within their grasp, increasing tensions damage their trust in each other.

With the very real possibility that The Tea Chest will fail, Kate, Leila and Elizabeth must decide what's important to each of them. Are they willing to walk away or can they learn to believe in themselves?

An enchanting, witty novel about the unexpected situations life throws at us, and how love and friendship help us through. Written with heart and infused with the seductive scents of bergamot, Indian spices, lemon, rose and caramel, it's a world you won't want to leave.

My thoughts:
I breezed through this book in a matter of hours. I had meant to read half today and half tomorrow, but when I  started I could not stop. It was sweet, yet still real and delightful. It also really made me want to visit The Tea Chest and get some tea specially made for me.

It's a story about 3 women. Kate who designs teas and sets out to open a new store in London. She loves this job but things are falling apart around her. Then there is Leila who quits her job and has no idea what to do next. Working at The Tea Chest looks good but can she make it work? And last Elizabeth who leaves Australia with a broken heart, but maybe her life can turn around too?

They all leave something behind that they want. But they all look towards the future too and each will find that missing piece. All while trying to make The Tea Chest a success, and it will not be easy.

Be ready to want some tea while reading this. You are warned. Also, I want to start a tea store, lol.

Conclusion:
A delightful book.

Cover
works

Paperback, UK Edition, 368 pages
Published July 3rd 2014 by Allen & Unwin (first published April 1st 2014)
Fiction
For review

39 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like such a delightful contemporary. I always gravitate towards novels with strong relationships between women, so this seems right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it cos it was about them, and finding their way in a new country. And not about falling in love

      Delete
  2. I have to buy this book now, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delightful indeed. Have you read The Weird Sisters? That one's similar to this, loved that one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What..like the UF series? If so then, no I can't see anything similar really

      Delete
  4. This sounds good. I want! I want! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book seems really cute. I love tea so this would be a perfect read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drinking tea right now, and I still want that perfect blend

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It was the perfect mix of cute and real

      Delete
  7. Isn't it nice just to get lost in one of these sweet cozy little books every once in awhile? I always come away craving whatever they are serving too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "worst ones" are those about cupcakes and such. I still remember the last one that made me crazed for cupcakes. At least tea is better lol

      Delete
  8. This sounds really good. I'm going to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the story of three women. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stories about women and friends, and this one sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed it! I probably would have skipped over the cover but it sounds cute! Love those you just can't put down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just surprised me how much I enjoyed it

      Delete
  12. Sounds good Blodeuedd, a chicklit about tea can't be wrong. If there is not to much drama like in women's fiction though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure they argue but hey everyone does. There is no silly drama, instead real problems that can bring anyone down

      Delete
  13. I love when I don't want to stop reading a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds good too. Maybe I'll check it out the next time I need something light and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a delightful read. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a charming little book. That cover is too damn cute for words. This seems like such a light-hearted read in a sea of heavy fantasy books for the blog, and I love to see the variety! Your reviews never stop amazing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :)
      I do like to change genres now and then, and this little cutie was just what I needed. Light, and wonderful

      Delete
  18. tea and a delightful read ... I'm in. Lovely review, putting it on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds charming! Good thing I like tea, since it'll bring on a craving. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP