Saturday 2 August 2014

BookBlogWalkers Weekly Check-in Aug. 1, 2014 + Review of Offside - Juliana Stone


This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog.

It's that time again, my walking week, and this time I am throwing in a review in the post too (it had to do with ice-hockey so it connects, lol)

Saturday 30 min walk
Sunday - 30 min walk
Monday - 30 min walk + 10 km bike
Tuesday - 40 min walk + 6 km bike
Wednesday -30 min walk
Thursday - 5 km bike 
Friday 55 min walk + 5 km bike

Work started again, so those longer bike roads will be around as much.


Sunday



When hockey phenom Billie-Jo Barker returns home and decides to play in the local Friday night hockey league, all hell breaks loose. Not because Billie's talent is in question, but because Billie is a woman. And though these are modern times, some of the local guys still have a problem letting a girl into their 'men's club.'

Soon, Billie is at the center of a small town battle of the sexes, with everyone choosing sides. Her sisters. The townsfolk. Her friends. And yet, the only person whose opinion she cares about doesn't seem to care much at all. Logan Forest, the man who broke her heart when she was eighteen and the man she now shares the bench with every Friday night.

She's got a lot to prove and though Billie Jo Barker scores on the ice, will this girl ever score with the man of her dreams?

My thoughts:
A girl comes back to her hometown and falls in love. Yes it's that story.

I can't say I like Billie's sisters. The first one is a stuck-up B, the other one just a mean B. But Billie was good. She loves hockey, and now she is back in her hometown and wants to play for fun. Men are being assholes, because they can't stand that a woman is better than them.

So Billie's sisters are not that nice. The men are not that nice. But then Billie meets Logan whom she has been in love with forever. This was the tricky part as he used to have a thing for her sister, her identical twin sister. I so did not need that part.

But all in all, a good short romance.

ebook, 222 pages
Published September 28th 2012 by Smashwords

The Barker Triplets #1

Contemporary romance

Freebie

13 comments:

  1. Mmm... I'm not sure about this one. I'll have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triplets....oh my. Are the other books about her sisters, because I would totally skip those and just read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the other books are about her sisters

      Delete
  3. You have a great view for walking and you did good last week! I have this book so it might be nice to read since it's so short. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like short when it comes to ebooks :)

      Delete
  4. I think I read this one and thought it was cute.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing good! I've seen that book. I think I even have it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a freebie a lot so I a sure :)

      Delete
  6. More lovely pictures. I really like the ones by the shore :)

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe too many A-holes & Bs in it for me. ;-) Still, cool that she's a hockey player.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP