Friday 29 August 2014

My Highland Spy - Victoria Roberts

Laird Ruairi Sutherland refuses to send his only son away to be educated by the English. And he most definitely will not appear in Edinburgh to pay homage to a liege who has no respect for Scotland. So he does what any laird would do—he lies to the king. The last thing Ruairi expects is a beautiful English governess to appear on his doorstep.

Lady Ravenna Walsingham is a seasoned spy who is sent to the savage Highlands to uncover a nefarious plot against the Crown. Playing the part of an English governess—a job easier said than done—she infiltrates the home of Laird Sutherland, a suspected conspirator. Ravenna soon discovers that the only real threat Sutherland poses is to her heart. But will the proud Highland laird ever forgive her when he discovers the woman he loves in an English spy?

My thoughts:
Spy meets highlander and falls in love. That is the story.

I did think that the book could have been longer, maybe only 50 pages more to put some meat on the bones. They met and were in lust a second later. I would have wanted more around that. It was too quick. Very insta and in a way not, time went by, we just did not see it.

Ravenna spies for the crown and is sent to see what a certain sexy highlander is up to. Ruairi just wants to be Scottish and not send his son to Edinburgh and what's wrong with that?

She pretends to be a Governess and thinks he speaks no English. Oh watch your tongue then. HA, you will see. They both start to fall in lust. She learns that Highlanders are not brutes. Someone is sabotaging his lands and all the while she continues to lie. Will he ever forgive her?

Conclusion:
A romance with a sexy laird and a woman who knows what she wants.

Cover
Nice. But I do want his whole head

Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: September 2nd 2014 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Highland Spies #1
Historical romance
For review

24 comments:

  1. Of course he'll forgive her, it's a romance. One I think I'll pass on. Men in kilts and cowboys- neither quite work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like highlanders and HEA's, but instalove is a no-no for me, and I've read one too many books that have featured that trope as of late that I'm kind of burnt out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird for of insta, it's not insta cos it takes time, but we are not shown it

      Delete
  3. I hate insta loves. But this sounds rather good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snickers.... you want his whole head....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how it is when a book feels like bare bones. I don't like stories that are rushed, But the rest sounds entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it would be nice to see his face. :) Yea, I also thought what Heidi did... great minds and all that. LOL This doesn't speak to me to run and grab it, but it does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL; I should have phrased that better but to be fair, all the ways I did it was dirty

      Delete
  7. I like that shade of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sounds boring to me. :P Insta-love is one of my pet peeves, heh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes it always upsets me when it's too quick but well the mix between spy and highlander is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will take the laird, not sure about this one though. I do love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, sophisticated woman with a kick ass job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure about the insta-love, that only works for me with paranormals. I don't think I'll be ok with insta-love highlanders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was insta just not insta. It took weeks but for me it happened in a page

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP