Friday 15 August 2014

Romance Friday: The Viscount who loved me / Romancing the Countess

This time, the gossip columnists have it wrong. Anthony Bridgerton hasn't just decided to marry--he's even chosen a wife! The only obstacle is his intended's older sister, Kate Sheffield--the most meddlesome woman ever to grace a London ballroom. The spirited schemer is driving Anthony mad with her determination to stop the betrothal, but when he closes his eyes at night, Kate is the woman haunting his increasingly erotic dreams...

Contrary to popular belief, Kate is quite sure that reformed rakes do not make the best husbands--and Anthony Bridgerton is the most wicked rogue of them all. Kate is determined to protect her sister--but she fears her own heart is vulnerable. And when Anthony's lips touch hers, she's suddenly afraid she might not be able to resist the reprehensible rake herself...

My thoughts:
It was fun, cute, amusing, silly and it has some great lines where I went all snap! It's a Quinn book, what else is there to expect :)

Anthony is the eldest Bridgerton and he has decided to marry. He has found a pretty, nice and intelligent wife and. He is a rake and does not presume to marry for love. He just wants a nice little package. 

Kate does not want her sister to marry a rake. She is opinionated, not as pretty, but she does not back down. Of course he will start to fall for her instead even though he denies it, and of course she will start falling for this infuriating man. They bicker, I enjoy it.

Conclusion:
A sweet book. I actually read her later novels before starting the Bridgertons ones. But they all contain that fun cuteness. 

I liked how the ended up together. They had to work for it too ;)

cover
boring

Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published June 27th 2006 by Avon (first published January 1st 2000)
Bridgertons #2
Historical romance
Own

Sebastian Madinger, the Earl of Wriothesly, thought he'd married the perfect woman-until a fatal accident revealed her betrayal with his best friend. After their deaths, Sebastian is determined to avoid a scandal for the sake of his son. But his best friend's widow is just as determined to cast her mourning veil aside by hosting a party that will surely destroy both their reputations and expose all of his carefully kept secrets...

Leah George has carried the painful knowledge of her husband's affair for almost a year. All she wants now is to enjoy her independence and make a new life for herself-even if that means being ostracized by the Society whose rules she was raised to obey. Now that the rumors are flying, there's only one thing left for Sebastian to do: silence the scandal by enticing the improper widow into becoming a proper wife. But when it comes to matters of the heart, neither Sebastian nor Leah is prepared for the passion they discover in each other's arms....

My thoughts:
I have been reading a LOT of books lately. I am feeling a bit reviewed out when I read so much (yay vacation!!). So...short? Eh, we will see.

These two have already loved and lost. Sebastian's wife died in a carriage accident (oh those carriage accidents!) and she was with another man. *gasps* He spun some lies at once. That man was Leah's husband and she sadly knew about the affair. It did not make her happy knowing. Now she wants to live and he wants her to calm down. A widow can't be merry.

I liked Leah. She wanted to live, to be free and the more I got to know her the more I understood. Sebastian just wanted to protect his wife's reputation and their son's. So he tries to keep her in check, but then he can't stop thinking of her.

Conclusion:
They both have to come to terms with what they know. And learn to love and live again. I do think they were a great fit in the end. A nice story.

Cover
ok

Mass Market Paperback, 302 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Signet Eclipse
Romancing #1
Historical romance
Own

41 comments:

  1. I haven't read enough Julia Quinn. I obviously need more of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with fun cuteness, and a nice story. I'm jealous because I never get ANY reading done whenever I'm on vacay. o_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, but then it was just me, bf and our cat

      Delete
  3. Ooh! Love the Quinn story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a Julia Quinn novel so I definitely need to rectify that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must try her books :D They are fun

      Delete
  5. I haven't read either author, but I like the sound of the Quinn book. I love light and funny romances. I will try her. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy weekend :D
      Light and fun is the best

      Delete
  6. Looks like vacay reading was good! I do like the sound of both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These both sounds like crowd pleasing romances. I have my own beach vacation coming up and I'm hoping to binge read books exactly like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to binge read your eyes out :D I certainly read and read...and READ

      Delete
  8. I need to get back and read some more Quinn. She is a fun one but whew yeah not so inspiring on that cover :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very dull, there are better versions though

      Delete
  9. I like sweet romances, though I can really only read a couple before I need a kick-ass UF. Julia Quinn writes good, sweet romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I wanted a lot this summer, dunno why. But they are sweet, light and I can read them really fast

      Delete
  10. I have the Quinn book but haven't read it yet. Sounds like I should!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA, Kate sounds awesome (and like me...) I think it's a pretty awesome character for that century and very couragious. :P Oh, I like the cover for that one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad, it's just a bit dull, does not really stand out in a crowd.

      Kate was awesome !

      Delete
  12. Do I have the Bridgertons is order? Or are they just related?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i started with 8, went to 5, 1 and now 2. So it works perfectly like this

      Delete
  13. A while back I read the Bridgertons series and really liked it, I think I only have last book of that series to read. I haven't read Romancing the Countess, but I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As can be seen, I am reading books that have been a while on my shelf ;)

      Delete
  14. I haven't heard of the second author but I heard so many great things about the first one and I know I need to try one of her books. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quinn is always a hoot and March is good

      Delete
  15. Both of these sound right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aaaand I bought Quinn's book your review sold it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been collecting the Bridgerton series via paperback swap & I now own them all. I will get started soon, I hope. I read & loved the Spendid Trilogy, The Bevelstoke Series & The Smythe-Smith Quartet. Loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My copy is in horrid shape, not even a cover, but I wanted to read it

      Delete
  18. I need to read both of these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sound of both these but the cover of The Viscount Who Loved Me wins me over. I do have a few Julia Quinn's on my bookshelves to get to ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have? Fun :D I have no more now, a sad sad day

      Delete
  20. I've never read the other author, but I LOVE Julia Quinn ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP