Monday 4 August 2014

Touch of the Demon / Fury of the Demon - Diana Rowland

Kara Gillian is in some seriously deep trouble. She’s used to summoning supernatural creatures from the demon realm to our world, but now the tables have been turned and she’s the one who’s been summoned. Kara is the prisoner of yet another demonic lord, but she quickly discovers that she’s far more than a mere hostage. Yet waiting for rescue has never been her style, and Kara has no intention of being a pawn in someone else’s game.

There’s intrigue to spare as she digs into the origin of the demonic lords and discovers the machinations of humans and demons alike. Kara is shocked to discover that she has her own history in the demon realm, and that the ties between her and the demonic lords Rhyzkahl and Szerain go back farther than she could have ever imagined. But treachery runs rampant among all the lords, and she’s going to have to stay sharp in order to keep from being used to further their own agendas. The lords have a secret that dates back to earth’s ancient history, and it could have devastating repercussions for both worlds.

Yet more than anything else, Kara’s abilities as a homicide detective will be put to the test—because this time the murder she has to solve is her own.

My thoughts:
I think I have reached that point where I have said everything, yes the book is awesome, she is cool etc etc. Can't I just say the book is good and that you should read it? I should say more? Oh well.

Omg the ending of the last book had my nerves exploding in my brain and I had to buy the next book at once. Kara was summoned to the Demon Lands and has now met a new Demon Lord. And there is where I stop. I honestly can't say one word more than that. Spoilers darling, spoilers.

But it will be intense, crazy and heartbreaking. We will finally learn more about another demon lord and wtf happened there. Still many things have yet to unfold and I need more. This series is just so good!

Conclusion:
So duh, of course I recommend this series to everyone. You must try it!

cover
cool

Paperback, 440 pages
Published December 31st 2012 by DAW
Kara Gillian #5
Urban fantasy
own

Who can Kara Gillian trust? That’s what she’d like to know. Demon summoner and now a consultant for the FBI, Kara Gillian has spent the past several months in the demon realm training while recovering from the treachery of the demonic lord Rhyzkahl. Yet though the torment and betrayal she suffered at his hands continues to plague her, she’s not about to let that slow her down.

Kara returns to Earth to search for a fellow summoner being held by allies of Rhyzkahl. Aiding in the hunt are Kara’s friends, FBI agents Ryan Kristoff and Zack Garner. However, Kara and Zack know Ryan’s true identity—though he himself does not—and questions of loyalty threaten to tear apart their previously close-knit group. Rhyzkahl’s machinations run deeper than they could have ever imagined, and the search for the missing summoner takes on a desperate edge while dangers from ancient demon oaths loom and enemies increase in power and numbers.

Armed with her skills, wit, and attitude, it is up to Kara to save her friends and her world. The price of failure will be her soul.

My thoughts:
I do love this series, but if I have to be fair, then this one was not as awesome as previous book. It felt like a filler, who am I kidding it was a filler! Nothing happened for the first 300 pages. Then something happened fast and then it was all talk and plans again. So yes 500 pages = too many.

Does something happen? Eh, not really. Kara is slipping cos of what R did. They need to get Idris back. Much talking and planning. She thinks about her demon lover. She thinks about Ryan not being Ryan in the end. yes a lot of thinking going on.

I still love this series and crave the next book. Because she learns something at the end, what does that exactly mean?

Conclusion;
So I hope the next one will be action packed again, cos this was, too much talking

Cover 
Good

Mass Market Paperback, 484 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by DAW
Kara Gillian #6
Urban fantasy
own

37 comments:

  1. Great to hear you are continuing to love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed this series too, though I like her White Trash Zombie series better. Both are great series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on this after Kara started drifting away from Ryan. I get too attached to couples sometimes.
    Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was strange, but I got it, and then not

      Delete
  4. Bummer that the fourth wasn't as good, still I want to try this series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to read this series. Glad you are still enjoying yourself and wanting the next one. I love those covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all urban fantasy all the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. back to back reads! It's really that good huh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually haven't heard of this series so I'll have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying for some good urban fantasy these days!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm maybe one day. I'm still off UF for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't agree more with you, Touch of the Demon was awesome, but Fury of the Demon was MEH!
    I need next book like... Now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I need to know what happens

      Delete
  12. I do have book 6 but I still need to read it and I so can't wait, I'm just so late with all my ebooks, it's terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as good, but yes still read it of course

      Delete
  13. Sorry the last one was less action than you would prefer, but clearly you love this series. I read the first book years ago (maybe the second too . . . ), and really liked it, but never read any further. I need to back to it sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it, too bad this one was such a filler. I hope the next one will be better again

      Delete
  14. 6 so far, dunno how many more will come out.
    Mark of the Demon is the first book

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1) Wow....the series is still seems to be going good! :D

    2) Meh. I like talking, I do, I really do, but too much is a bad thing. I'll have to skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super intense cover(s)! Haha, sounds like a great series, well book 5 does :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a fun series, I like the covers. But 300 pages of nothing is too much nothing for me...lol. I'd DNF.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your other reviews and I really need to start this series asap! Ahhh so many books so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok yes I'll buy them and read them - going to look up the first book now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read the latest yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it even as a filler. We had enough excitement in the last two books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP