Monday 15 September 2014

Follow Me, Follow You - Laura E. James

Victoria Noble has pulled the plug on romance. As director of the number one social networking site, EweSpeak, and single mother to four-year-old Seth, she wrestles with the work-life balance.

Enter Chris Frampton, Hollywood action hero and Victoria's first love. His return from LA has sparked a powder keg of media attention, and with secrets threatening to fuel the fire, he's desperate to escape. But finding a way forward is never simple. Although his connection with Victoria has lasted the test of time, has he been adrift too long to know how to move on? With the risk of them breaking, will either #follow their heart?

My thoughts:
If you expect some kind of contemporary romance where there is love, loving, drama and then HEA. Then this is not that. This is more real and heartbreaking.

First we have Victoria who has problems with her son. That was the heart breaking part, how he lashed out at her. It broke me. So she leaves everything behind, even the company she built, to start a new life. To be a new her. To get to know her son.

Chris is a megastar who comes back home with his son. He has lost another son and his wife, and years after he still deals with the tragedy. His son is suffering too.

They all need to find peace and quiet, acceptance and forgiveness. But it does not make it easier that Chris ad Victoria used to date and got their hearts broken cos of it.

So yes we got issues, working through the and slowly (I mean slowly!) getting to know each other again. Slowly even talking to each other, slowly becoming friends and slowly wanting more. You do not rush love.

Conclusion:
But that HEA I talked about earlier, of course there is still a HEA. Everyone will get to live happily ever after.

Love, loss and a new life.

Cover: No


Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: Out now in ebookform (print UK now, US Oct)
Romantic Fiction
For review

37 comments:

  1. Sounds emotional. I could probably like this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for taking the time to read and review Follow Me Follow You. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is my kind of book, but it seems like you enjoyed it. Though the cover gets a no from me too. Something about it reminds me of "The More You Know" logo.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google that logo ;) And yes it does look like that.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it. I never would've given it a second thought since the cover is so unappealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me scared. I'm thinking no... I need an HEA. YaY! There is an HEA. *whew* :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for a happily ever after after all that drama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely agree with your cover assessment! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like nice contemporary romance and one with more depth to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to call it more womens fiction/romantic fiction

      Delete
  9. Blodeuedd, I was wondering, why don't you give star ratings? :P Or am I just not seeing them? O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because people look at a ratings differently. I have given 3s and people have told me they are sorry I did not like the book. When I DID like the book, and would read more. ratings makes one person see a book and think no while another will think yes

      I like to write my review, have people read it, and then decide what they think

      Delete
  10. Whewboy yeah the cover is a definite no. Goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. real, heartbreaking and a HEA ... my kind of book!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting read, but I'm not sure about all the "slowly" events.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as there is an HEA I can deal with a more heartbreaking story:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cover and title reminds me of the "The More You Know" slogan. hahaha.
    Anyways...this sounds heart-breaking! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, no, cover does not match blurb. I do like the sound of this one. Having to work for an HEA makes it all the sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's true that when we see the cover we immediatly think of cute and sweet romance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds good! Sometimes you need a happy ending but that isn't a conventional HEA

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds rather intense and emotional, but also really cathartic. And NO to that cover is correct...just what?? LOL. Glad you enjoyed the story, I think I'll check it out (on kindle for sure).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Slowly getting back in to romance-type novels. Used to be on a kick of them a couple of years ago but was totally fed up. Now I am trying to read one once in a while. In moderation they are much more fun. Sounds like a book I should read :). And yes, the cover is a bit... plain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. It seems I am fed up on pnr. Which is of course romance ;)
      But normal romance, nah, still love it and hopefully always will be

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP