Monday 8 September 2014

The wedding Proposal - Sue Moorcroft

Elle Jamieson is a private person, in relationships as well as at work—and for good reason. But then she’s made redundant and with no ties to hold her, Elle heads off to sunny Malta.

Lucas Rose hates secrets—he prides himself on his ability to lay his cards on the table and he expects nothing less in return. He’s furious when his summer working as a divemaster is interrupted by the arrival of Elle, his ex, all thanks to his Uncle Simon’s misguided attempts at matchmaking.

Forced to live in close proximity, it's hard to ignore what they had shared before Lucas's wedding proposal scared Elle away. But then a phone call from England allows Lucas a rare glimpse of the true Elle. Can he deal with Elle’s closely guarded past when it finally comes to light?

My thoughts:
Elle has a secret and it made her run from the man she loved and wanted to marry. Silly people, do not run from secrets, confront them. But when I learn more about her, her upbringing, her life, I did see why she ran. She did not have the confidence to stay and fight. 

Right, this book is then about Elle and Lucas who meet again a few years later. Bad breakup, they still have feelings and now they are stuck on a boat together. Of course those feelings are gonna come out again. There is romance in the book after all.

I liked Malta at the setting too, I want to go there. Even if I missed the author's previous settings, they are so quintessential English. Love that.

The romance was slow building. Hello, hard feelings! First they need to take steps towards friendship, then think about something else. And Elle needs to learn how to breathe and shake loose again.

Conclusion:
A slow-building romance and a book that shows how hurtful secrets are.

Cover snark 
Cute but no wow factor

Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: Out now in ebook form and print (US print later)
Romantic Fiction
From the publisher for an honest review

29 comments:

  1. Completely agree about the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer slow-building romances over insta-love, but I'm not sure about all of the secrets, I guess it depends on the type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you understand why she ran, it's always really frustrating for me with this type of setup when you're not given enough information to understand a character's motivations. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know why you mean, it's always so silly. But her I understood more of her psyche.

      Delete
  4. Slow building romance can be great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a lovely review, Blodeuedd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read anything by Sue Moorcroft... but this one sounds promising. I'll add it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amusing, and serious at the same time

      Delete
  7. Haha, I love those little side commets in your reviews, it's my very favorite thing. Silly people indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a cute cover. I'm curiou about the secrets now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy secrets and a slow building romance. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Expected but sweet romance. Sometimes you just get in the mood for one of these. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like all the story elements are there, but not a lot of sparks or chemistry.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a gorgeous setting and slow-building romance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slow burn romance is the best :D I also love love/hate relationships; they're so exciting. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best romance is a one that you have to work for. It's so hard being a reader, but its totally more worth it when they finally get together at the end. :3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read a Sue Moorcroft yet but I have Is This Love on a bookshelf ... oops must read :)

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP