Tuesday 18 November 2014

A Cursed Bloodline - Cecy Robson

Just when Celia thinks the supernatural world can’t turn deadlier, a new rival emerges, proving just how dangerous a power-hungry were can be.

Since being cursed with unique abilities, Celia Wird and her three sisters have fought the most bloodthirsty preternaturals in the Lake Tahoe region. But Celia’s greatest threat is someone she would have never suspected: Anara, a werewolf Elder who has allowed his hatred for Celia to spiral out of control. In a play for dominance, Anara tortures Celia and gives her an ultimatum: sever her mate bond with pureblood were Aric — or Anara will kill everyone she loves.

From the instant they met, Celia and Aric have shared an attraction that cannot be tamed. So keeping Aric away is impossible, and Aric would sooner die than allow anyone to hurt the woman he loves. Misha, master vampire and Celia’s sworn protector, also finds his way into the chaos, seeking blood from those who have harmed her.

Now Celia and her sisters are caught in the middle of a war driven by lust, fueled by hatred, and destined to end in tragedy. For Anara is a force to be reckoned with, and he will not succumb without robbing Celia of those who hold her heart. 

My thoughts:
This book was pretty brutal. For a pregnant woman she sure gets kicked around a LOT in this book. It got to that point where I was all, please! Please, do not have people beat her up anymore!

Right, so the book is violent. I guess you already guessed that. Someone is hurting her and it's not pretty. Then there is the whole I am preggers and no one knows angle. And of course the I must stay away from Aric and it breaks me angle. It does not make for a happy book. Everyone is miserable. Everyone!

But Celia is trying to get out of the corner she has been backed into. I have forgiven Aric and I just want them together. I still love Misha, poor Misha :/ He needs a woman. Anyway, the way out of that corner is filled with fights, blood and heartache.

One thing, a lot happened, not always in a good way. There was just a lot going on, they just jumped from one thing to another. But oh well, at least I was never bored then. Non stop action.

And then that thing at the end, omg, evil. I just want everyone to be happy. Please make everyone happy.

Conclusion:
Looking forward to more.

Cover
 previous covers were UF kick-ass, this is just pnr boring

ebook, 370 pages
Published November 18th 2014 by Loveswept
Weird Girls #4
Urban fantasy romance
NG

34 comments:

  1. Everyone is talking about how brutal this book is, so I'm definitely going to wait until the next book is out to start the series in the hopes that things will be a little lighter after all the darkness of this installment:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember now if the next book is about her, or her sister...that would be the start of a new "series" within the series

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this! eeeek!2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to check out this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree this was a harsh read. So brutal. I don't like this cover either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too romancy, and thinking about how brutal it was...yeah no

      Delete
  5. I actually thought this one was too dark for me. I usually enjoy dark reads, but not when there are babies or children in the picture. That's just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL it's amazing what they can take sometimes and keep going. I've so thought that on others before. Stop being so mean to them!! Give em a break! Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor girls. But then she is pretty kick-ass, but there is a limit

      Delete
  7. That cover could be for ANY romance subgenre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, definitely PNR boring cover. But at least the inside was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno why they made the switch from kick-ass UF to this

      Delete
  9. oh jeez I think I 'd have a hard time with her getting beat upon so much considering I'm pregnant. It would feel so personal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then def not read this one, it's well BRUTAL

      Delete
  10. Sounds exciting, even if it is violent :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yes it's a difficult and intense book. It was so sad to see everyone like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good way to put it cos hell yes *shakes head* Wow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate miserable books and where the main character is pregnant, because then she can't do butt kicking without me worrying for her kid and she really should be smarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really her fault though, she is attacked, and attacked again

      Delete
  14. This book gutted me!! I also want to see everybody happy... They deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...I keep seeing this book everywhere! Not sure yet if it is for me or not...it sounds so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe..yes We just want everyone to be happy!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP