Today I have Gini Koch over! Give her a warm welcome *applauds* Her new book is out in December (my review will be posted a bit closer to the date ;)
And not to forget, there is a giveaway too where you can win one of the first 9 books, your choice.
Now to her guest post, I wanted to see who would play the Martini...cos I looove him.
Gini Koch’s Top 10 Hotties to Play Martini
In reality, half of the actors in this list are already too old to play Martini. But all of them could do it, and that’s what counts, right? Oh, and they’re all hotties, and that counts, too. List subject to change based on a new hottie appearing on the scene.
By the way, Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, and David Boreanaz are not on this list – not because I don’t think they’re hotties (I do, trust me, Evans in particular), but because I already see them as other leading characters in other series I have out there and I just can’t bring myself to cross-pollinate. (For who I see them, and others, as, check out my See the Characters board on Pinterest -- http://www.pinterest.com/ginikoch/).
But now, on with this list!
10. Patrick Dempsey (FAR too old, but he HAS Martini’s hair.) (And Martini wants his hair back. Heh.)
9. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson (Also too old, sadly, but he has Martini’s body build and smile.)
8. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine would be perfect with Kitty “Wolverine with Boobs” wouldn’t he? Sadly again, also too old.)
7. Ben Affleck (Probably the most likely suspect, since he has the hair, the build, the looks, and the ability to do pathos and humor. However, just a tiny bit too old. But I could ignore it for Ben!)
6. Karl Urban (I’d cast Karl Urban as every single male character if I was allowed to. In every single thing, not just mine. But, sadly, I do not have this power.)
5. Theo James (Probably a better choice for Christopher, but still, he’s worthy. And I was running low on younger guy options.)
4. Channing Tatum (He’s hot AND he can do humor…potentially a great choice.)
3. Josh Duhamel (What I said for CT, only I think he’s hotter than CT, so he rates higher.)
2. Henry Cavill (I think he’d be far better as Martini than as Superman, but I could be biased.)
1. Chris Hemsworth (Right now, the best choice, as long as they died his hair brown and gave him brown contact lenses. It’s Hollywood, they can do anything.)
Thank you! :)
Gini is offering one winner the choice of one of any of the first 9 books in the Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt Series (Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango, Alien in the Family, Alien Proliferation, Alien Diplomacy, Alien vs. Alien, Alien in the House, Alien Research, or Alien Collective), signed and personalized.
1. Open internationally.
2. Ends Nov 30th
3. Check your profiles so I can find you if you win. Seriously, check, some profiles lead to nothing...
Being the wife of the Vice President isn’t easy. Especially when your talents lie in kicking butt and rocking out…
Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini find out just how easy it is for the wife of the Vice President of the United States to unintentionally insult an ally. Now they have to smooth things over with the Australian Prime Minister, pronto, or risk creating an international incident the worldwide anti-alien coalitions will be able to use to force Jeff to resign and the A-Cs to leave the planet.
But before Kitty can make things worse, a cosmic congruence and a little help from some powerful beings shoves her into another world -- one where she’s been married to Charles Reynolds for years and aliens don’t exist. She’s also landed in the middle of a huge conspiracy and is marked for death…but at least that’s business as usual.
Kitty’s not the only one confused, because the Kitty from that world has taken her place in this one. Now Alpha Team and the Diplomatic Corps have to make sure that no one spots that there’s been a switch, while keeping World War III from happening. And they have to do so while keeping this new Kitty in line, because she has views about what to do and how to it, and time is running out.
Can both Kittys save their respective days before it’s too late to go home to the universes they belong to? Or will one Kitty decide to keep the other’s life…forever?
Gini Koch writes the fast, fresh and funny Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt series for DAW Books, the Necropolis Enforcement Files series, and the Martian Alliance Chronicles series. Alien in the House, Book 7 in her long-running Alien series, won the RT Book Reviews Reviewer’s Choice Award as the Best Futuristic Romance of 2013. As G.J. Koch she writes the Alexander Outland series and she’s made the most of multiple personality disorder by writing under a variety of other pen names as well, including Anita Ensal, Jemma Chase, A.E. Stanton, and J.C. Koch. Currently, Gini has stories featured in the Unidentified Funny Objects 3, Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs. Aliens, and Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets anthologies, and, writing as J.C. Koch, in Kaiju Rising: Age of Monsters, The Madness of Cthulhu, Vol. 1, and A Darke Phantastique anthologies. She will also have a story in the first book in an X-Files anthology series coming out in 2015. Gini can be reached via her website: www.ginikoch.com