Saturday 8 November 2014

Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-in Nov 7 2014 and 2 novella reviews


This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Saturday 30 min walk
Sunday 1,5 hour walk
Monday 5 km bike and 45 min zumba toning
Tuesday 5 km bike and 2 hour yoga
Wednesday 5 km bike and 1 hour walk
Thursday 10 km bike and 1 hour zumba
Friday 9 km bike

Sunday


------------------------------------------------

Reine knows marriage isn’t about love. It’s about making the best bargain you can with what you have and then living with the consequences. Wedding vows are alliances given voice, and I do is on the tip of her tongue.

Ennis is a man on a mission to woo the future Araneidae maven, whether she wants him or not. Her clan is wealthy, prosperous and in dire need of the one thing his people have to offer—protection. But one look at her and all thought of his obligations vanish. He’ll court Reine, but he wants the feisty heiress all to himself.

Forced to entertain offers from her bevy of suitors, Reine is torn between duty to her people and loyalty to herself. Ennis is the man she wants, but is he the future paladin her fragile clan needs? She can choose to lead with her head or, for once, she can follow her heart. 

My thoughts:
Honestly, so short, I do not have a lot to say.

Reine has to marry. She meets a cute guy. She talks to her friend. She falls for cute guy. The end.

Eh, it worked. And it was short.

ebook, 62
Published (first published August 30th 2014)
Araneae Nation 0.5
Fantasy romance
Own
free here now

Melinda Lightfoot, a preschool teacher with an unusual ability to flit in and out of fairy tales, never thought she would get into trouble...

...until the Fairy Tale Police arrest her while she is in Beauty and the Beast. They offer her a deal: Find Beauty, who left the story when Melinda trespassed into it, or be charged with the ultimate crime -- Fairy Tale Killer. If that's not bad enough the Beast tags along in search of his true love, and Melinda starts falling for the fairy tale prince. She must choose between doing the right thing and having her own happily ever after.

My thoughts:
Cute and fun. There is not a lot to say, since it was so short. The only negative thing was that I never saw how Melinda and the Beast fell in love. Cos like a day passed and suddenly love, and I was all what? But then it was a fairytale so I will give them that ;)

And who would not fall for the beast!? He has a library! Ok we did not see the library *sulks* But still.

It mostly takes place in our world as Beast and Melinda tries to find beauty. And everyone lives happily ever after, almost everyone. The end. 

ebook, 87 pages
Published December 8th 2010 by Smashwords (first published October 5th 2009)
Ever After #1
Fairy-tale /romance
Own

26 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying novellas so much right now but sometimes they're a tad toooooo short. At least most of them end up HEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, the fairy-tale could totally have been a book, should have been a book

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE that first picture with the reflections of the branches in the water!

    And I don't do novellas often, like you said, there's never always that much to say.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I had a bunch on my reader so I read them cos they are short, but they never really hit the spot

      Delete
  3. I find there's usually not a lot to say about novellas because they're so short. But a HEA helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, it is nice to have novellas to get through a few stories in a short amount of time, but usually, if they are good, I just want them to be longer. I like to put them in right after I finish a really long story. Then short and sweet is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do that too :) They are a nice change, but I could never read them all the time

      Delete
  5. Nice pictures :) So natury! I like being able to see but not having to touch it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was a wet day, it had rained before and I was soaking when I got back

      Delete
  6. I like the cover for A Heart of Ice, but I'm not sure I'll read it.
    Beautiful pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pics as usual, Linda! And I've been meaning to read Nadia Lee. Glad you enjoyed the story, I'd have chosen the Beast too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      She did make me want to read more by her

      Delete
  8. I love the pictures. What season are you in? It looks like spring or fall. Nice shorts. I enjoy them once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job this week! :D
    These novellas seem pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's difficult when it's really short but the cover is so pretty for the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a beautiful place to walk. Authors can't manage a gradual love often enough in a novel, so I can understand them speeding things up in a short, because there really isn't time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      True! It does take skill to make me believe

      Delete
  12. Those really are short short stories. Glad you enjoyed them. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, not much to say when they're so short, but I am intrigued by the Beauty & the Beast one.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP