Monday 24 November 2014

Red Blooded - Amanda Carlson

Jessica is going to Hell.

After settling a fragile truce between the vampires, werewolves and witches, the last thing Jessica wants to do is face the demons head on. But when the Prince of Hell kidnapped her brother, he set into motion a chain of events that even Jessica doesn't have the power to stop.

Now, Jessica must go into battle again. But Hell is a whole new beast—new rules, more dangerous demons, and an entirely foreign realm. And when Jessica is dropped into the Underworld too soon, without protection or the help of her friends, she must figure out just how powerful she can be... or she will never make it out alive. 

My thoughts:
I would say this book was about her running...running...seeing icky stuff...running...running. Ha, you get the picture. If you are in Hell then you do NOT want to stop and take the sights for long.

So book takes place in Hell, where she meets monsters, demons, friends and foes. But mostly she is running and hiding. And trying to find her brother before he is killed. You have to call her brave, cos to venture to Hell..hell no! Especially not after the Prince of Hell wants to put you on trial. But then Jessica is not the kind of supe to back down.

Though one thing was foolhardy...a scene in a bathroom. I mean hello, you are supposed to be running! Run you fools!

The action is non-stop. There is always someone behind the corner. And the end, well more non-stop action is promised for sure. Poor Jessica, I am sure she would like to put her feet up and just chill with her cutie for once.

Though, again, maybe a bit too much happened. Let her breath for once too.

I liked the end, cos something was messed up...and it's promising. More crazy stuff to follow, I am sure.

Conclusion:
Non-stop action.

Cover
cool

ebook, 320 pages
Published September 9th 2014 by Orbit
Jessica McClain #4
Urban fantasy
NG

37 comments:

  1. Uuugh. Screw doing that. Kuddos to her for being brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I found myself in Hell I would do quite a bit of running as well ;-) Love a good action-packed story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well certainly. It's not like I'd like to stand there and say ohh lava, pretty, ohh demon who wants to eat me...screw this!

      Delete
  3. I'm surprised that you actually liked this book more than me. That almost never happens! I've decided to call the Jessica McClain series quits after this installment. She's all yours!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird, but then I was very meh about the last book. I had actually called it quits! But then I got this one (after having called it quits), and gave it another go. And now...yes I will give it another chance

      Delete
    2. I was on the fence after the last one, leaning towards quitting and Carmel convinced me I needed to just say no. Your review, while entertaining, still tells me I made the right decision. :-)

      Delete
  4. I failed to get 10% into the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that, at one point I forgot what I was reading

      Delete
  5. I'm exhausted just reading your review. That's a lot of running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always worried about a book that is almost all action. I mean I like action, but after a while it just gets boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. There was a point where I was all come one! give it a rest, let the poor girl relax

      Delete
  7. I still need to read this one. I've heard a lot of mix reviews (as I can also see in the comments). I think I'm just going to have to read for myself. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not one of her best, I do agree with that. But it was better than the last book

      Delete
  8. I didn't really like the first one so I quit reading. I may catch up at some point.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea, it was a bit too much. I'm hoping it will get back to the goodness it was toward the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RUNNING. LOL.

      I hope she makes the poor girl take a break

      Delete
  10. I need to start this series... I know I have book 1 but I'm not sure about book 2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope she didn't stop to have sex in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Something is not right about her proportions on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have this one. Or one of them. Gah the shelves are bursting at the seams here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As is I like it but as a series I'm seeing a pattern in this series. And yes, Jessica needs a breather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have noticed, I can't take much more of this

      Delete
  15. This is one series I've always wanted to check out. Glad to hear this one isn't too bad. Perhaps I should jump on this one while it's still on book 4 and there's still a realistic/manageable chance of catching up, haha.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I hear you. There is this one series going on 13 and I am all, I just can't!

      Delete
  16. I agree with you I liked the end as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. After previous book I wasn't sure about continuing with this series. Sister usually reviews this series for my blog and she had a lot of trouble with this book. After hearing what she had to say and reading some reviews I decided not to read this book. It saddens me because I used to love this series and I really liked Amanda, but I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I had given up after the last book, but then 2 months later the NG request came through and I thought why not

      Delete
  18. A book where there is not rest at all for the main characters is often very tiresome to read. Like the Karen Chance books. Perhaps someday I will read this series B, great review.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP