Tuesday 16 December 2014

A Secret to Die for - Sierra Dean

Secret McQueen thought she’d seen it all, but that was before she, Desmond and Holden came home to find New York City burning and the streets overwhelmed with the walking dead. Now, in a race against time, she must find out who is responsible for unleashing hell on Earth.

For that, she’s going to need a whole new team of vampire wardens to help round up the perpetrators, who turn out to be a gang that makes Sons of Anarchy look like toddlers on tricycles.

Her quest across the city brings old friends and enemies out of the woodwork and reminds Secret once and for all why mercy and forgiveness are not always prudent. Lives will be lost, sacrifices will be made, and when the dust settles, nothing will ever be the same again.

With no time to mourn her losses, the only question remaining is if Secret can survive long enough to stop the apocalypse…or if this is the one challenge that will finally drown her in rivers of undead blood.

Warning: The final book in the Secret McQueen series has it all: hot kisses, unexpected guests, and enough tear-jerking moments to require a whole box of tissues. You’ve been warned. 

Ebook, 287
Published December 16th 2014 by Samhain
Secret McQueen #8
Urban fantasy
Own

My thoughts:
This is the end. I am sad, but I am also happy. Too many series have gone downhill. But Secret manages to stay on top of things and never go bad. I m sad that it's over, and I do hope she writes more books, or novellas set in this universe.

The last book ended with a bang. They come back and find New York on fire and zombies everywhere. Awesome! Or not so awesome as things are going to hell and fast. But fear not because Secret is here and she has vampires and werewolves to help her.

First order of business. Zombies, there are no zombies, or? Better take them all down.
Second order of business. Trying for a happily ever after.

There will be tears. There will be action. There will be an evil baddie (that also had me laughing as I saw the name ;). There will even be romance, and heartache. The heartache was from me. Evil evil author. Think of my heart!

As for the choice. I am happy with the choice she made. It fits her, and I could see her happy now.

There was also something else that had me smiling. Yes I know I am cryptic but I can't spoil things now can I? Well done. I was really happy with those turns of events *cryptic*.

Secret is kick-ass. We meet new friends and old ones. Things get sad, I despair, I get happy.

Conclusion:
This is a series you must read.

35 comments:

  1. LOL - you'll see that cover again in a future Misadventure... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a series that ends well and doesn't get worse! I'm not a zombie person though, I have an irrational fear. lol at your cryptic. I agree though it's so hard not to spoil things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE zombies, seriously. I fear waking up and there are zombies everywhere

      Delete
  3. Yayy! I'm glad the series lasted so long, but still was good. :3

    ReplyDelete



  4. sigh I can't believe its over. I still have only read the first book and I keep thinking I will get back to it. Guess I can do some binge reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series is definitely going to my must-read series for next year esp now that it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds exciting!! sorry the series is over though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. always nice to end a series with a bang

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started this one many moons ago, but have stalled because...well, it's really not a genre I tend to read. And the covers that imply there is a love triangle also has me backing way the eff off. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *coughs* It actually used to be a love square...yup ;)
      No really, the series it awesome, even with that

      Delete
  9. This is the second review I've read of this book in as many days and I had no idea how big it was! And it's already ended. Glad it lived up to expectations!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 book series :) At least it is not too long ;) You could read it in a week

      Delete
  10. I really need to finish the series, I'm so late, I think I need to read book 3 or 4... yeah late.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw that is sad when a favorite series ends but awesome to hear she rocked it until the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right, too many series go down hill, so if this one didn't, then I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An UF series which didn't go downhill? Interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do fear there are too many love interests for you my friend

      Delete
  14. I'm sure you are happy with the choice she made... *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's good when a series wraps up at the right time, and when the ending is good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG a series finale that isn't disappointing?! I haven't read this series but that alone is a selling point for me to start. Plus zombies and HEA? YESSSSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know!

      Zombies, HEA, fights, baddies

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP