Saturday 20 December 2014

Book Blog Walkers: Weekly Check-In December 19 2014 + 2 reviews

This challenge is organized by Felicia over at the Geeky Blogger's Book Blog

Sat, 30 min walk
Sun, 1.20 h walk
Mon, 6 km bike
Tue, 2 km bike and 1 hour walk
Wed. 4 km bike and 30 min walk
Thu, 4 km bike and 1 hour walk
Fri, 4 km bike and 45 min walk 

Sunday's walk

..........................................

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I’m the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

I’m on the FBI’s wanted list. 

I have a werewolf for a pet, a Witch of a best friend, and have no need for anyone else in my life. 

But when a salvage starts to spin out of control, help comes from a most unexpected direction. One that is dangerously dark, brooding, and doesn’t know a thing about the supernatural. 

My thoughts:
I have no idea why I was not all coool! about this book. It was ...ok. Sometimes better, sometimes not.

The FBI agent, honestly he should have been in jail for stalking. The whole she murdered her sister!? was silly.

Rylee was good.

The werewolf was soooooooooooooo annoying.

Too much happened, and nothing happened.

In the end, no idea what went wrong, there was something that just did not lift the book for me.

Kindle Edition, Second Edition, 269 pages
Published June 2013 by HiJinks Ink Publishing
Rylee Adamson Novel #1
Urban fantasy
Own

Thousands are dead. Lady Champion Bethany's tainted sister is slain. Her home lost forever. And Magic yet survives. Bethany thought she'd given everything in the fight against Magic. She was wrong. When the deaths of those closest to her shake her already crumbled world, she doesn't wilt and die. She still has one thing left to gain even now: revenge.

Prophecy or no, half-goddess or not, Bethany vows to bring order back to the world with the edge of her blade. No matter who she must defy. No matter what stands in her way. No matter who must die.

For what they've done to her, all will pay.

My thoughts:
Was this a two book series? Did it end like this? Wtf? That makes no sense and what about that whole prophecy, well a part of it? That spoke of something else? I am not happy.

Beth had a LOT of baggage, and goes through the book unhappy most of the time. Her lover is gone and gets his own fate..ok.

Her sister is crazy, and honestly there needs to be more. That was not dealt with either.

Tell me someone! Is there more? This was not an ending. I can't talk about the book when there are so many lose threads. At the moment it just feels like one big plothole..


ebook, 264 pages
Published December 11th 2012 by Mundania Press LLC
Tales of Tranquility #2
Fantasy
Own

24 comments:

  1. 1) Good job!!! *hands plate full of cookies*
    2) Meh
    3) Boo and it sounded so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the walking! I always love looking at your pictures. As for the books, they don't sound like they'd be for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't like either of these more- but you did a great job explaining your thoughts.

    Awesome job walking! I need to get back into walking...
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is awesome, especially in the woods :D

      Delete
  4. Ooo snowy bits! It "snowed" here today I think but I slept through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has snowed more now :) not enough but more

      Delete
  5. I see snow!!! So nice to walk, great mini reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow!
    The books? Oh, well.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have snow - I am so jealous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of snow, got more now, but need mooore

      Delete
  8. Oh wow. This post is so inspiring. Makes me want to start walking as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do it! I really need this to keep me motivated

      Delete
  9. I LOVE the contrast of that first big photo with the red earth, evergreens and white snow. We have no snow, unfortunately. We had some earlier in the month but of course melted within a day.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too :D The contrast colors were amazing :)

      This snow melted away too a day later but then there was more ;)

      Delete
  10. We really haven't had any snow either... I'm worried what is in store for January. I hope it's not all been "piling up" and all fall next month! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is usually the deal here these days. Everything at once

      Delete
  11. aww snow, love the pics and you are totally rocking the exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Priceless looked good to me, but I don't like the love interest stalking thing and I like good sibling relationships not murder.

    I'm picky about my endings too, I don't like having many questions left unanswered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He stalked her for 10 years ..oh and she did not kill her sister

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP